Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Some improvement needed
 Post subject: Some improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 29 Jun, 2015, 12:32 

User rating: 1
Hi everybody,

I need some help in the following matter. I need to improve the system (attached). The system checks the MACD histo every 1 h and after 2 hours, if it stays below or above zero level, it gives you an alert (signal). The problem is that it gives you a signal every 2 hours but I need to have just one signal after 2 hours. In the other words I don't need to receive the signals after 4 hours, 6 hours, 8 hours etc. Unfortunately, I don't know how to eliminate the ensuing signals (4 hours, 6 hours, 8 hours etc.).

Please, help me to resolve the problem. Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
DailyCheck1.vfs [30.31 KiB]
Downloaded 110 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Some improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 29 Jun, 2015, 14:57 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

Not sure if I well understood as the description is a bit vague.. but I did 2 examples showing how to work on 2 hours and a periodic alert every 2 hours then a second example with only one one alert after 2 hours from the moment the strategy is started.
Feel free to implement it in your example...

Attachments:
Unique Signal after 2H.vfs [30.12 KiB]
Downloaded 116 times
A Signal every 2 hours.vfs [28.97 KiB]
Downloaded 116 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Some improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 29 Jun, 2015, 19:39 

Thank you for the prompt answer. Unfortunately, no one of the examples provided is I am asking about. The firs example, "showing how to work on 2 hours and a periodic alert every 2 hours" expresses the same idea as was provided in my first post, i.e. (DailyCheck1.vfs [30.31 KiB]). The second example "with only one alert after 2 hours from the moment the strategy is started" is much closer to my request but does not match it.
I'll try to explain my idea as clear as possible. So, I need to have only one alert after 2 hours but not from the moment the strategy is started. I need to have one alert after 2 hours from the moment the MACD histo is below (above) zero level and I need to have it each time when the MACD histo crosses a zero level and stays there at least 2 hours. So, I need to have as many alerts as many times MACD histo will be able to cross a zero level and to stay there at least 2 hours. More over, I needed to eliminate the ensuing alerts after 4 hours, 6 hours, 8 hours etc., and to leave just one alert after 2 hours.
In the other words your first example, "showing how to work on 2 hours and a periodic alert every 2 hours" has to be changed and the periodicity, which provided alerts every 2 hours, after first 2 hours had to be removed.
I do hope this explanation is quite clear if not please let me know.
For the best result I attached the strategy wherein I was going to implement the idea mentioned above.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
RSIMACDprob4A_1.vfs [67.31 KiB]
Downloaded 110 times

Post subject: Re: Some improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 30 Jun, 2015, 12:26 

Let me rephrase:

If the Histo is below zeor FOR 2 hours in a row you need an alert and same for the other side. is this correct ?

Post subject: Re: Some improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 30 Jun, 2015, 13:36 

amine_chourou wrote:
Le me rephrase:

If the Histo is below zeor FOR 2 hours in a row you need an alert and same for the other side. is this correct ?

Yes. Absolutely. It's correct. More over, this condition is already implemented in the previous example (see DailyCheck1.vfs [30.31 KiB]). The most important thing I need is to eliminate the ensuing alerts after 4 hours, 6 hours, 8 hours etc., when the MACD Histo is below/above a zero line and to have just one alert after 2 hours in place.

The Best Answer  Post subject: Re: Some improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 30 Jun, 2015, 16:07 

Here you go

Attachments:
Unique Signal after 2H_V2.vfs [32.59 KiB]
Downloaded 113 times

Post subject: Re: Some improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Jul, 2015, 09:26 

amine_chourou wrote:
Here you go

Thank you a lot for your help. It works!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com