Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

How to determine the Strategy for not opening some orders?
 Post subject: How to determine the Strategy for not opening some orders? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 27 Apr, 2015, 13:21 

User rating: 1
Hi,
I would like to have the Strategy which does not open an order when MACDHist parameter is above or below the 0 (ZERO) for a 1Day period and longer. Please, take a look at the Strategy (attached) and help me to determine it this way.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
newRSIMACD1reviewafteronetoone.vfs [47.76 KiB]
Downloaded 159 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: How to determine the Strategy for not opening some orders? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 01 May, 2015, 14:41 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

Well, according to your description is sounds quite simple:
IF MACD = 0 then your go forward.
you have to input this condition within your day time (depends hour you define your trading day)

You probably need to explain in detail your idea so that we can help you accurately.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: How to determine the Strategy for not opening some orders? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 02 May, 2015, 09:01 

I would like one more time to define the MACDHist parameter in the existing Strategy. As you could see in the Strategy(attached) the MACDHist variable already exist there. The main idea is to determine the Strategy this way: when the MACDHist is above (or below) the ZERO for a quite long time (in this case more than 1D) no orders should be opened. However, when MACDHist moves the opposite direction and crosses the ZERO an order could be opened (in case other conditions defined in the Strategy allowed to do that).
I suppose my idea is quite clear. When the MACDHist is above (or below) the ZERO for a quite long period of time it means that time to change the MACDHist sign is coming. So, in such a case the opening of orders is very risky. All I need is to prevent the Strategy from orders opening in such a case.

Post subject: Re: How to determine the Strategy for not opening some orders? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 04 May, 2015, 08:46 

Alright,

correct me if I'm wrong:
Your trading signal depends on the MACD signal whether it remains above or below the zero level for a given period of time. You defined this time range as 1 day: Therefore, the use of the default trading period as Daily wont help you because the system will retrieve the value of the MACD at the end of day (once) and this information is not enough to determine if the MACD was on a side or on the other on intraday basis. This will be feasible by working on 2 trading periods in case you have a precise preference of the trading period.

Post subject: Re: How to determine the Strategy for not opening some orders? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 04 May, 2015, 10:32 

That's right. That's exactly what I meant.

The Best Answer  Post subject: Re: How to determine the Strategy for not opening some orders? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 04 May, 2015, 13:42 

Alright,

Here is an idea based on a counter with a loop (without the loop viewer block itself ;) ). What is important in your idea is How you define the verification period and how long is your trading day:
In this example, the verification is based on 30mn so the system checks the MACD histo every 30 mn and after 8 hours (16 verification of 30mn --> 0.5*16=8), if it stays below or above zero level it gives you an alert (that you can replace with your trading actions etc...)
Now if you need to implement a trading slot, simply insert your trading session time using get time unit block etc before this piece of blocks.
If you need to change the logic, then feel free to replace the period of 30mn and the counter target so that it make sense to you.

Enjoy!

Attachments:
DailyCheck.vfs [29.42 KiB]
Downloaded 157 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: How to determine the Strategy for not opening some orders? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 04 May, 2015, 18:50 

I'll try that. Thanks a lot.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com