Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

DIRK, Ich brauche Hilfe :-)
 Post subject: DIRK, Ich brauche Hilfe :-) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 01 Aug, 2013, 18:23 

User rating: 0
Hi Dirk, Vadim and others,

I am trying to compile a very simple startegy. In short:
I look at weekly candles.
When a new Candle opens, It first looks at last weeks candle. It calculates the hight of the candle and take 30% of this height in pips.
This pip amount will be our pending order from the open of this week.

So lets say:
Last week Candle Low: 1.3000
Last week Candle High: 1.3100
So the candle hight = 100 pips. 30 % is 30 pips.

When This weeks candle opens at 1.3150 I want to place a STOP BUY at 1.3150 + 30 pips, so 1.3180
and a STOP SELL at 1.3150-30 pips = 1.3120

The stop loss is calculated also based on the height of last weeks candle, only this time we take 10%.
So for the STOP BUY, the Stoploss will be set 10 pips below the open = 1.3140
for the STOP SELL, the stoploss will be 10 pips above the open = 1.3160

I want the position to close at the open of NEXT weeks candle and the cycle starts over.

I have made this so far, but it does NOT work at all.....
Can you see what I did wrong?

Ihave posted it in the forum. Vadim made some changes, but it does not do at all hat I want :) . I want the pending order to be based on the OPEN of THIS weeks candle (last weeks candle is just to calculate the candle height, take 30% and ad that or substract that of this weeks open, for the pending orders). How the strategy goes now, it puts the pending orders at the high and low of last weeks candle!!

bitte hilfe :-)

Attachments:
FIRSTv2 (1).vfs [44.59 KiB]
Downloaded 340 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: DIRK, Ich brauche Hilfe :-) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 01 Aug, 2013, 20:02 

Oh, and I sentyou an email. did you get it? :-)

Post subject: Re: DIRK, Ich brauche Hilfe :-) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 01 Aug, 2013, 20:42 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 27
Good evening!

Finally it works :D

But I think you have to add some filters or parameters to let it work more efficiently.

Attachments:
FIRSTv2 (1).vfs [53.11 KiB]
Downloaded 340 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: DIRK, Ich brauche Hilfe :-) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 01 Aug, 2013, 20:45 

Do you have any suggestion?

Post subject: Re: DIRK, Ich brauche Hilfe :-) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Aug, 2013, 12:19 

Thanks Dirk for the Help. It is working now.

However I tried to add a feature, and guess what, it does not work :-)
I want my entry amount to be depending on my stop loss. As you can see from the strategy the stop loss is always dependent on the size of the last weekly candle. I want to risk no more than 3%. I added two calculation expressions, but no luck.

What do you think?

Post subject: Re: DIRK, Ich brauche Hilfe :-) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Aug, 2013, 15:08 

Of course! But as i said (and i do not really know) the strategy maybe need some air to breathe ;)

Attachments:
FIRSTv2 (1).vfs [54.98 KiB]
Downloaded 361 times

Post subject: Re: DIRK, Ich brauche Hilfe :-) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Aug, 2013, 16:00 

need some air? Das verstehe ich nicht :D

Post subject: Re: DIRK, Ich brauche Hilfe :-) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Aug, 2013, 16:52 

bmvajta wrote:
need some air? Das verstehe ich nicht :D

The wine must mature... The idea might not be bad, but you might add something to it. As i was testing the strategy, the SL almost was triggered after its creation.
But of course it is your idea hence your rules ;)

Nice weekend!

Post subject: Re: DIRK, Ich brauche Hilfe :-) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Aug, 2013, 17:09 

That is correct. but that is because you programmed the SL incorrectly. You devided it by 3, instead of adding the ENTRY times 1/3. I made that change, now it is fine and no SL is triggered :-)

But now it won;t compile in JForex, there is always something :D

nice weekend and thanks AGAIN for all the help.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com