Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Limit amount of long/short positions
 Post subject: Limit amount of long/short positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Jul, 2013, 08:37 

User rating: 0
Hello. I would like to limit quantity of buy positions to 10. And also sell positions to 10.

Help would be appreciated.

Thank You in advance. :)

Post subject: Re: Limit amount of long/short positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Jul, 2013, 08:54 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 27
Hello!

If you are starting with programming on visual JForex i kindly ask you to view our presentations in the dukascopy-channel of youtube.
There are a lot of videos (tutorials) in different languages available. Please visit: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dukascopy+visual+jforex&oq=dukascopy+visual&gs_l=youtube.3.0.0.869.8257.0.9467.15.6.0.7.7.0.119.445.5j1.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.z08zfiuf0FA

Anyway here is the needed block:

The Multiple Actions block you can do what ever you want.

Attachments:
Limit_Positions.png [25.21 KiB]
Downloaded 647 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Limit amount of long/short positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Jul, 2013, 09:02 

Ok mate thank you for prompt and good reply.

So i place this block before buy and also before sell position ....right ?

Post subject: Re: Limit amount of long/short positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Jul, 2013, 12:51 

Mate. I tryed it it does not work. Maybe there was a misunderstanding.

I would like to hawe maximally opened 10 buy positions and 10 sell positions. Together 20. But never more than 10 in one direction.

Please advise :)

Post subject: Re: Limit amount of long/short positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Jul, 2013, 18:14 

User rating: 27
Well ok.

You have to define BUY and the SHORT position as a variable after you open a position. Then you can count with the Loop Viewer the number of BUY and SELL positions and set this up as a maximum.
(It is one possibility)
Maybe it is easier to share your trading ideas to the community and therefore you get more experienced in programming VJF.

Post subject: Re: Limit amount of long/short positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 28 Jul, 2013, 18:13 

Dirk

I watched the videos on youtube but i cannot find solution for my issue. I am playing with it all weekend. Please let me know the simplest solution to limit amount of buy and sell positions (each to 10 , together 20).

I have simple open at market BUY/SELL orders.

Thank You in advance.

Marian

Post subject: Re: Limit amount of long/short positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 29 Jul, 2013, 11:02 

User rating:
Hello.

Look at the example. It Sells up to 5 positions and buys up to 10 positions every 10 minutes.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=4150

Attachments:
Sell5Buy10.vfs [32.13 KiB]
Downloaded 457 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Limit amount of long/short positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 29 Jul, 2013, 13:33 

Thank you mate :)

Copyed and pasted it and it works.

Cheers !

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com