Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Dirk,Thanks
 Post subject: Dirk,Thanks Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 26 Jul, 2013, 08:37 

User rating: 0
I locked the other topic by accident....
Anyway, vielen dank fur die hilfe, but I does not really work with me as it should.

what you have posted, does NOT make an INTEGER. so there is nothing for me to put in the StopLoss section of the conditional order.
Do I have to put there anything at all?

And in my strategy, I have posted it here, it mixes up things.

Can you see what I did wrong?

Attachments:
GBP_NZD_nieuw.vfs [80.34 KiB]
Downloaded 357 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Dirk,Thanks Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 26 Jul, 2013, 08:39 

sorry, this is the correct one:

Attachments:
GBP_NZD_nieuw.vfs [80.4 KiB]
Downloaded 372 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Dirk,Thanks Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 26 Jul, 2013, 10:59 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 27
Ok :) it is getting complex...

To sum up:
You want following?:
1. You want to place an order at 6 am at the HIGH/LOW of previous 8 hours +/-150 Pips and close every pending order at 22 pm
2. After a position has a profit or loss more than 50 Pips then close all pending orders
3. You want to enter a reversal position? The way you set it up does not work! Please explain more about that.
4. You want to set up the SL at the MIDPOINT between Bid and Ask

Did I forget something? Please correct me if i am wrong or add something to the enumeration.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Dirk,Thanks Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 26 Jul, 2013, 11:10 

It is getting complex indeed :D
You are almost correct, however:

1.) The time issue is this. I want the system to start working at 8 AM in the morning BUDAPESt time, which is GMT+1 in the winter and GMT+2 in the summer. But because I did not want to start messing with time, I substracted 2 hours from my time and that is why in the system you will see 6 AM.

2.) At 6 GMT the system has to look for the high and the low, THAT day,meaning, it has to count back 8 HOUR candles, because Budapest 8 AM.. etc .. you get the point.

3.) At that point we ad 10 pips to the highest high and substract 10 pips from the lowest low and those will be my PENDING open's (stop buy to the upside and stop sell to the downside). I know in the system you have now, it isnot 10 but 15 pips (NOT 150).

4.) The default SL = 35 pips and the default TP: 100 pips.

5.) Now, if after an inital entry my SL is it, I want to enter a reverse trade there with the same default SL and Tp to the other side of course.

6.) If after my first trade the PT is hit, i want the the conditional reverse entry to be cancelled)

7.) If at midnight my time (GMT +2 ) I am still in position, I want those to close, with this ending the day.

8.) Untill now, the points above, I had the system working without any problem. BUT i noticed that due to HUGE spread jumps, sometimes my SL was hit even though the MIDPOINT rate was NOT even close to my SL. At interactive brokers, the SL is always triggered, when the MIDPOINT corsses my SL. SoI want my system to only execute my 35 PIP stoploss when the MIDPOINT rate hits the 35 pips, NOT the ASK or BID price (according to if it is a buy stop loss or sell stop loss).

Do you understand what I want?

:-)

Post subject: Re: Dirk,Thanks Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 26 Jul, 2013, 11:35 

User rating:
I'm glad for you guys, but what is the theme of discussion?

Post subject: Re: Dirk,Thanks Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 26 Jul, 2013, 11:52 

Vadim, Dirk is helping me out with the visual Jforex program as it does not do what I want or what it is supposed to.

Post subject: Re: Dirk,Thanks Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 26 Jul, 2013, 16:09 

User rating: 27
Hello!

I am very sorry to tell you that I double checked with the developers and they told me that this is a bug.

I provide you what should work...I am very sorry! The strategy does not close properly!

Attachments:
GBP_NZD_nieuw.vfs [71.35 KiB]
Downloaded 344 times

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com