Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Possible Bug with Fractal Indicator in VJForex
 Post subject: Possible Bug with Fractal Indicator in VJForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 12 Oct, 2015, 16:24 

User rating: 2
I have come across an issue with the Fractal indicator in VJF. Indicator>Bill Williams>FRACTAL. It freezes/stops the strategy on Friday. Testing it alone and running it across Friday replicates the issue. I have attached the file and screenshot of what I am talking about.

JForex keeps throwing the following when testing over weekends
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
   at com.dukascopy.visualforex.pipx.FractalBug.FRACTAL_block_11(FractalBug.java:208)
   at com.dukascopy.visualforex.pipx.FractalBug.If_block_13(FractalBug.java:239)
   at com.dukascopy.visualforex.pipx.FractalBug.If_block_12(FractalBug.java:229)
   at com.dukascopy.visualforex.pipx.FractalBug.onBar(FractalBug.java:160)
   at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.agent.strategy.tester.b.a(L:443)
   at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.agent.strategy.tester.w.run(L:396)
   at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.agent.strategy.tester.b.a(L:307)
   at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.actions.servicesources.StrategyTesterAction.Hj(L:1201)
   at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.actions.servicesources.StrategyTesterAction.Gw(L:386)
   at com.dukascopy.dds2.greed.actions.c.run(L:48)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Attachments:
FractalBug.vfs [19.82 KiB]
Downloaded 212 times
fractalbug.png [66.43 KiB]
Downloaded 353 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Possible Bug with Fractal Indicator in VJForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 12 Oct, 2015, 16:44 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

Thanks for these information.
Well' check this and keep you informed.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Possible Bug with Fractal Indicator in VJForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 12 Oct, 2015, 17:17 

User rating: 2
Hello,

Have you been able to replicate the same issue on your end?
So that I can make sure its not just me and use historical candles for the meanwhile?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Possible Bug with Fractal Indicator in VJForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 13 Oct, 2015, 10:24 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

Yes we managed to reproduce the issue. We'll handle this asap.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Possible Bug with Fractal Indicator in VJForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 31 Jan, 2016, 23:50 

User rating: 0
Hi has the problem with the fractal indicator been solved?

For me the fractal indicator still seems to stop the strategy.

Post subject: Re: Possible Bug with Fractal Indicator in VJForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Feb, 2016, 00:01 

User rating: 0
Hi not sure if my previous post was received. Just wondering have you managed to fix the bug on the FRACTAL indicator, or are you still working on it? The fractal indicator seems to stop the strategy every time when I try it (i tried it on its own as in the post above).

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com