Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Historical Tester is broken - it's closing positions at the same second at which they are opened.
 Post subject: Historical Tester is broken - it's closing positions at the same second at which they are opened. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 24 May, 2015, 14:53 

User rating: 0
Greetings,

dear Dukascopy, I was happy user of Jforex demo and it's options for long time. It worked just fine.

Now, I've opened 'Jforex' demo and 'Historical Tester' for the first time since few weeks, and it's just broken.

My files with strategies developed in 'Visual Jforex', which worked just fine before, now they don't work, and these are exactly the same, unmodified, untouched files.

I can see by the layout of 'Jforex' that there was some kind of update.

Little problematic thing is removing feature that allowed users to copy Historical Tester window. Now if i want to have 3 similar testers opened at the same time next to each other, I need to put on all the options manually instead of copying first tester few times. Option to copy 'Historical Tester' window was available under the right click on tester's bookmark. Now it's gone.

How removing that, removing little useful option, could be thought as an improvement worth implementing in an update...?

But this is nothing compared to some monstrous bug, which....

...immediately closes positions, that were opened by 'open at market' command from Visual Jforex, if they have 'Take profit' and 'Stop loss' on.

If Your strategy openes such positions, no matter what You put on 'Take profit' or 'Stop loss', there are closed immediately after being opened.

I've made some silly little strategy for the sake of seeing that bug at work, to be sure how bug works, and You can make Your example in a minute. To get same example of results as mine, please run in for a single day 2015.05.04.

I've made simplest strategy which is supposed to open one sell and one buy position for every 10 seconds, 'Take Profit' and 'Stop Loss' are set to 99 pips - so what about results of running it for one day, 2015.05.04 ? ;]

In that day such strategy openes 17280 positions, and according to the results, all of them are closed in the very same second that they were opened... ;))

It behaves like that no matter what values You put in 'Take profit' or 'Stop loss'.

This bug happening in all kind of 'Visual Jforex' strategies now, I've just told You about a simplest possible example of strategy illustrating the problem.

What is that? Why is that? I've never had such an issues with 'Historical tester'.

Please, be so kind to explain that to me/us, and fix that issue,

Thank You in advance for Your support,
regards,

nine99

Post subject: Re: Historical Tester is broken - it's closing positions at the same second at which they are opened. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 May, 2015, 09:30 
JForex Master

User rating:
We will add possibility to clone Historical tester tab in the next versions.

Please provide the strategy to repeat the SL and TP problem.

Post subject: Re: Historical Tester is broken - it's closing positions at the same second at which they are opened. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 May, 2015, 12:01 

Good morning,

thank You in advance for implementing possibility for cloning Historical Tester. It was useful to me many times.

Speaking about a bug with SL and TP, forgive me if I didn't made myself clear enough - bug shows in any kind of 'Visual Jforex' strategy files that i own, which worked fine before.

There is no reason to show any particular strategy, because any kind of strategy which openes positions with SL and TP will show the bug in work.

I've send, of course, this 'example strategy' as .jfx file and as picture to [email protected], to show You 'what is inside', but You will see bug at work by enabling any system which openes positions with SL and TP.

The example of strategy that I was speaking in first post was just for the sake of clearly showing, that bug exist, but it doesn't mean, that it don't show up in other kind of strategy files - it affects all of them. The picture I've send to Your mail contains all blocks of strategy that I ment in first post, there is nothing more than 'open new buy and new sell for every 10 seconds'.

Maybe I should clearly point, that problem shows in a Historical Tester on demo account, I don't really know if Live Account Historical Tester has the bug also. I've never tried to test anything using Live Account. I've noticed the bug on saturday, I'm sure that bug was not present a month ago.

Here are the example results of opening some positions, that are set with, for example, 99 SL and 99 TP:

0.001 BUY 1.14437 1.14434 -0.03 -0.3 2015-05-18 00:00:10 2015-05-18 00:00:10
0.001 SELL 1.14434 1.14437 -0.03 -0.3 2015-05-18 00:00:10 2015-05-18 00:00:10
0.001 BUY 1.14434 1.14431 -0.03 -0.3 2015-05-18 00:00:20 2015-05-18 00:00:20
0.001 SELL 1.14431 1.14434 -0.03 -0.3 2015-05-18 00:00:20 2015-05-18 00:00:20

Second column from the right is position opening time, first column from the right is position close time.

Can You see what I mean? They are closed the same second they are opened. It happenes no matter what values You put in SL or TP or 'candle period'.

Please run a system at any day in Jforex Demo Historical Tester - and look at 'report file'. You will see, that all positions are closed the same second they are opened.

If something isn't clear still, I'll give all information I can.

Thank You in advance for Your time and help,
regards,

nine99

Post subject: Re: Historical Tester is broken - it's closing positions at the same second at which they are opened. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 May, 2015, 15:26 

Greetings again,

I've done everything I could, I've deleted all Jforex folders, I've re-downloaded Jforex, Java, disable anti-virus, windows firewall, and the problem still exist.

I've asked my account manager to look at his demo account and run strategy file, exactly the same I've send to [email protected] to see if he also has such a problem as me - and on his account strategy works like it should, it works normally.

Now I've send to [email protected] whole report file from running same strategy for one day on my computers, please look at it - it is just crazy. 17280 positions opened through only 24 hours and every single one of them closed at the same second, in which it was opened.

Please help me - I have no further idea what could I do to fix the issue, and I really need 'Historical Tester' function.

The problem shows up on both of my computers, one is Windows 7 and is quite new, second one has about 2 years and runs Windows XP. The thing is, they both are connected to the same "internet provider", but every other function than "Historical tester" works fine.

For the reminder - I'm speaking about 'Historical tester' on demo account.

Thank You in advance for Your support,
i need it truly now.

Post subject: Re: Historical Tester is broken - it's closing positions at the same second at which they are opened. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 May, 2015, 16:01 
JForex Master

User rating:
Solution will be deployed as soon as possible

Post subject: Re: Historical Tester is broken - it's closing positions at the same second at which they are opened. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 May, 2015, 16:40 
JForex Master

User rating:
Deployed. Please check.

Post subject: Re: Historical Tester is broken - it's closing positions at the same second at which they are opened. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 May, 2015, 18:16 

Thank You for quick solution and proffesional approach.

Problem is fixed and 'Historical Tester' works again just fine.

Thanks!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com