Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Trailing stop does not work in contest, but work in backtesting and live mode
 Post subject: Trailing stop does not work in contest, but work in backtesting and live mode Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 10 Feb, 2015, 22:09 

User rating: 0
The strategy I submitted to the contest (using visualjforex) and that is currently running is not using the trailing stop block. This is very strange since when I backtest the strategy with tick data and in live mode it uses the trailing (10 pips) perfectly OK. This is a big problem since if the strategy does not place the trailing stop the amount of positions will be far less than the amount of positions in my backtestings, surely it will be less than 20 in a month (minimum for the contest) and it is an important factor for locking profits. My strategy will not work well if this is not fixed and I spent a lot of time building it and testing it. I will really appreciate if someone can check why the trailing block works on my backtestings and in live mode and does not work in the contest.

Note: The trailing block is the last one after open at market blocks.

Link to the strategy: https://www.dukascopy.com/strategyconte ... r=juandata

If someone can help me I will really apreciate it. Thanks!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com