Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Server Error when trying to compile or post to contest using Visual jForex
 Post subject: Server Error when trying to compile or post to contest using Visual jForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 Jan, 2015, 03:56 

User rating: 0
I see there were some comments about people getting a server error on the visual jforex builder. Are you still working on this?
I usually write my own code but I have been trying to check things out to see how vJF dev is. I managed to get 2 "simple test" strats compiled and they posted to my contest portfolio just fine last week. But this week I get nothing but a "Server Error" message returned when I try and compile a strategy and the same error if I try and post to my contest account?? The error is simply that, "Server Error" is all that it says. Please fix this or help here. I am trying to build another idea into strategy with visual jfx and hope to try it in february contest but I can't get the code completed and added with this error. I am thankful it at least has saved my files so when I return I don't have to start all over but I'd like time to test and review it before next contest starts. Thanks for any help you can give me.

FYI - I have tried with IE and Google browsers and I'm running windows 8 on my pc

Regards,
Mark

Post subject: Re: Server Error when trying to compile or post to contest using Visual jForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 Jan, 2015, 15:19 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi there,

Thanks for your post.
Can you please attach an example of a strategy that failed to be compiled so that we can test it. You can send also privately to [email protected] if you wish.

Post subject: Re: Server Error when trying to compile or post to contest using Visual jForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 Jan, 2015, 17:36 

User rating: 0
Hi and thanks for the reply I will attach the vfs file. While I have your attention can you tell me what these vfs files are? And how can I use them (and open them) on my PC? When you choose export the vfs file is the only option. Is there a way I can just download the source code? Thanks again and have a great day!

*note* it just failed to post my attachment with the error "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."
So I will email it to support thanks

Regards,
Mark

Post subject: Re: Server Error when trying to compile or post to contest using Visual jForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 26 Jan, 2015, 11:32 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi there,

Thanks for your email, I've replied back with some feedback.
I'm attaching also some notes in your strategy to explain what you should do and do not but I still need more details regarding the overall strategy specifications.
Hope this helps.

Attachments:
aBBandsScalpV1_Notes.vfs [47.87 KiB]
Downloaded 102 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com