Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Firefox problem
 Post subject: Firefox problem Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Dec, 2014, 02:04 

User rating: 2
I experience problem using VjF on latest Firefox with latest adobe flash. It works at first but more I use it more mouse clicks start to get off. For example I right click on block or variable, it would show a context menu. Now if I click on any item in the context menu, click often dont register as clicking on that particular item, instead its threated like clicking at what is "behind". I have to try several times trying to get right mouse position etc. It often do completely different thing that would be equal of clicking on item behind context menu, like unrolling variables on the left etc..

This is probably not VjF problem as it is most likely flash problem on firefox. And I have addblock and any plugins disabled. Wish VjF was rather designed in java but whatever. Anyway, what is the most tested and recommended browser? Anyone having similar experience?

Post subject: Re: Firefox problem Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Dec, 2014, 09:46 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi there,

I'm have been always using Firefox to work with visual Jforex and I never experienced any issue related to mouse clicking / contextual menu display. Currently I'm using Mozilla ver 34.0 with Flash player 15.0.0.239.
Can you please add some screenshots so that we can investigate better...

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Firefox problem Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Dec, 2014, 14:53 

Hi, I believe I may have found the problem. This bug is happening if I have selected to display "all blocks" on the right. If keep to default(to use "most used" blocks), bug dont almost never appear(it still did sometimes but it was much more rare):

If You cant reproduce it immediately just keep going for a while. As you change displayed blocks on the right, keep right clicking on the left on the default variables to invoke context menu and selecting "edit variable". If you get edit dialog thats how it should work and just close it but keep right clicking randomly on other default variables in circle. What should happen when the bug occur is that after invoking context menu and when you select "edit variable", it should either not register click at all or worse, do some random click on the background BEHIND the context menu. Try also zoom out a workspace a bit. When I have VjF set to see "all blocks" I can get this bug quite often and its making working on strategy almost impossible sometimes.

regards

Attachments:
pic1.jpg [200.1 KiB]
Downloaded 421 times
pic2.jpg [218.53 KiB]
Downloaded 393 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Firefox problem Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Dec, 2014, 16:43 

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed explanations but I still did not get the issue completely:
I've been working with visual Jforex since 2 years and I use to display all the functions on the right panel almost usually on a daily basis and I never get any inconsistent behavior regarding such mouse clicking issue.
It would be nice if you can record a video sequence while reproducing the bug and send it to us. Either post into this thread or to [email protected] if the file is too big to be attached in the forum.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Firefox problem Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Dec, 2014, 19:10 

Here. Note it may look like I click too fast or reckless but thats recording software skipping frames. If you cant play it use VLC player. Notice on 4-th invocation and when selecting edit variable I get background unrolling as if I clicked there. Also last 7-th show how despite correctly invoking dialog, whole strategy get moving with the cursor. There are some other things that can happen like detaching left panel etc. but I had to limit video to 2MB here.

regards

Attachments:
scr_5.7z [1.9 MiB]
Downloaded 100 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Firefox problem Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Dec, 2014, 09:18 

Well, Thanks a lot for that.
I tried to reproduce it with 2 strategies opened (200 Kb each) but no luck ...
The flashPlayerPlugin and Mozilla firefox.exe *32 process were using about 700Mo of memory but nothing happens.
Anyway, I will address this case to our flash developers.

Thanks again !

Post subject: Re: Firefox problem Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Dec, 2014, 13:39 

Thanks dude. If that help I use WS2008 standard(vista core) x64(but firefox is 32bit and I dont know about flash) and have desktop font DPI set to 120dpi. Also nvidia gtx 460se with latest drivers.
best regards

Post subject: Re: Firefox problem Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Dec, 2014, 14:49 

For flash version, you can find it in your control panel Items and:

Attachments:
FP_Ver.JPG [52.37 KiB]
Downloaded 310 times

Post subject: Re: Firefox problem Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Dec, 2014, 22:05 

Yes my is 15.0.0.239 as well.

Post subject: Re: Firefox problem Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 07 Dec, 2014, 14:57 

So I was working for a longer period on my strategy today and can confirm that my firefox have this issue only when I display "all blocks" on the right side, especially when working on more complex strategy. It do not have a problem when I keep "most used" set. Also, this issue happen irregardless of hardware acceleration settings for flash.
Personally though, I doubt this is VjF problem and more likely flash and/or firefox(or even nvidia driver) problem so I dont think there is much devs can do about it.

Post subject: Re: Firefox problem Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 08 Dec, 2014, 13:25 

Thanks for that,
Anyway, we'll keep an eye on this issue if it occurs.

Cheers

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com