Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

History Candles, candle high seems out of bound
 Post subject: History Candles, candle high seems out of bound Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Jul, 2014, 04:21 

User rating: 0
Hello Support,

Here is a small strategy, adding up 2 candle high, fetching candles with "history Candles", in variable "High Total" the first minutes or so the sum is correct, after a few minutes it gets out of bound, I ran the same strategy but with "history candle" and the sum is correct throughout minute time. Please let me know if the mistake is mine or there is a problem with History Candles.

Kind Regards.

Attachments:
HighCandlesOutOfBoundWithHistoryCandles.vfs [38.26 KiB]
Downloaded 153 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: History Candles, candle high seems out of bound Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Jul, 2014, 17:55 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi There,

From your strategy, the calculation block sum up the candle high 2 times and once the third sum is done, it goes through the substraction blcok.
In other words, out of the loop-viewer the following cycle is performed:
First loop:
- candle High + Candle High = Sum
Ex 1.35185+1.35185=2.7037
- The counter goes from 1 to 2
Another sum:
2.7037+1.35185=4.0555
- The counter goes from 2 to 3 :
A subtraction is made to get back to 2.7037 result
... and son on with regards to the candle high value updates.

Can you explain the reasons behind such use? the more details you input the best for us to advice you

Thanks

Post subject: Re: History Candles, candle high seems out of bound Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Jul, 2014, 18:59 

Hello Amine,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, very much appreciated, indeed I just figured out that "history candles" returns candles in blocks of specified amount of defined candles which voids the candle counter as is. For this purpose only one instance of "history Candles" is necessary and subsequently "history candle" can take over the operation.

The idea behind the calculation is mainly finding trending periods, subsequently swings and channels using candle lows, candles highs and a bit of math. I haven't drawn a road map of the strategy as I will test every bit along the way.

Thanks very much again for your help, I'll post again to share the progress and or if I get hit by another snag of mine.

Best Regards.

The Best Answer  Post subject: Re: History Candles, candle high seems out of bound Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 21 Jul, 2014, 11:45 

You're welcome,
Don't hesitate to reach out if any help needed.

Post subject: Re: History Candles, candle high seems out of bound Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 18 Nov, 2014, 15:29 

Salut Hello Amine and Company.

I've put this strat. in the contest, but, not working in parallèle with me account, I'm baffled. Sure could use some input of your part, if not abusing your time.

Thanks 1000X
Best Regards.

Attachments:
hashi5candles.vfs [90.16 KiB]
Downloaded 153 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: History Candles, candle high seems out of bound Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 18 Nov, 2014, 17:40 

Hi there,

I recommended you to raise a new post under trader contest with this request or to send an email to [email protected]

Thanks !!

Post subject: Re: History Candles, candle high seems out of bound Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 18 Nov, 2014, 21:12 

Thank You, will do so.

Best Regards.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com