Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Problem with restricting lot amount in live account
 Post subject: Problem with restricting lot amount in live account Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 22 Apr, 2014, 14:56 

User rating: 0
Hi, I have a strategy that is running in live account. But I am having huge problem now with the leverage. In the trading logic, I wanted to trade upto 5 open positions with a single lot size of 0.006. So I used a 0.03 (0.006 x 5=0.03) lot to restrict the lot amount in the block with all position data.

But in live condition, I have found instances where it will trade upto 0.054 lots (9 open position of 0.006 lot) even as the maximum open lot allowed is set at 0.03 lot. Is my IF logic inherently wrong or is there a way to rectify since its very dangerous to run it live.

Attachments:
strategybug.jpg [148.43 KiB]
Downloaded 335 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Problem with restricting lot amount in live account Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 22 Apr, 2014, 18:17 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 27
Greetings!

I kindly ask you to provide us the strategy in order to investigate.

In case you want to handle is confidentially, you can also write an email to [email protected].

Post subject: Re: Problem with restricting lot amount in live account Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Apr, 2014, 01:03 

Please find the strategy.

Attachments:
mutlplepositions.vfs [46.11 KiB]
Downloaded 141 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Problem with restricting lot amount in live account Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 24 Apr, 2014, 10:21 

Hello and thank you for the provided strategy.

I found the bug :)

If you want to refer to trade amount of several positions (as a sum) you need to setup like this:
I know that it is a bit confusing... Everything below "Positions Info" refers to the number (amount) of positions (integer), while when you have created an array (=positions Viewer) you can determine the trade amount of all positions for example.

Attachments:
PosTradeAmount.vfs [29.76 KiB]
Downloaded 149 times

Post subject: Re: Problem with restricting lot amount in live account Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 24 Apr, 2014, 12:33 

dirk_r1 wrote:
Hello and thank you for the provided strategy.

I found the bug :)

If you want to refer to trade amount of several positions (as a sum) you need to setup like this:
I know that it is a bit confusing... Everything below "Positions Info" refers to the number (amount) of positions (integer), while when you have created an array (=positions Viewer) you can determine the trade amount of all positions for example.

Thanks. :)

But the logic seems difficult to understand if I have to write it. Could you give me some tips on how to write and the logic behind. Some links or tutorial should be good.

Post subject: Re: Problem with restricting lot amount in live account Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 25 Apr, 2014, 14:44 

Greetings!

We have several video-tutorials on youtube: https://www.google.lv/search?q=youtube+ ... yAOPg4HIDw

If you need more info please specify :)

Nice weekend!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com