Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Cannot save, export, build, send to contest or do historical test
 Post subject: Cannot save, export, build, send to contest or do historical test Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 05 Feb, 2014, 19:22 

User rating: 0
Hello all,

I'd like to report a series of errors where I am unable to save, export, build, send to contest or do a historical test with any programs I make. Unfortunately I cannot upload an example of the system since it seems to be more related to the interface of visual jforex itself. For more details, these are the specific errors:

Save: Unresponsive
Open: Server Error
Export: Unresponsive
Historical Test: Can choose initial options but on the second box the "Run" box is unresponsive
Build: Opens "Save" box, but save button is unresponsive
Send to Contest: Opens "Save" box, but save button is unresponsive.

I've already tried updating flash, java and firefox and everything is up to date, and I have restarted my computer numerous times/relogged in multiple times. I'm not sure what else to attempt. Thank you for reading.

Post subject: Re: Cannot save, export, build, send to contest or do historical test Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 06 Feb, 2014, 12:43 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 27
Greetings and thank you for the report!

In order to reproduce that we need couple of more information like environments info, which browser, version, os version + flash player version

As much details as possible would help us to identify the problem, any error message would be helpful, too.

Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Cannot save, export, build, send to contest or do historical test Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 07 Feb, 2014, 05:54 

Operating System: Windows 7 Premium
Internet Browser: Firefox version 27.0
Java: Version 7 Update 45 (1.7.0_51-b13)
Flash: Version 12,0,0,44

There are no error messages that have come up, just unresponsive buttons.

Edit: The same errors happen in Internet Explorer (Version 11) as well.

Post subject: Re: Cannot save, export, build, send to contest or do historical test Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 13 Feb, 2014, 02:54 

I have discovered the source of the problem!

In earlier drafts I was able to use the Calculation Expression Block to find the highest or lowest point of the previous candle using the historical block. I used "min(A1,A3)" with A1=LastCandleOpen, A2=LastCandleClose and A3=LastCandleLow. Now it no longer allows me to save, test, or export the program if I use this command. I also cannot delete any Calculation Expression Block which includes it.

Is my formula wrong or is there a bug that does not allow Visual JForex to use the formula?

Post subject: Re: Cannot save, export, build, send to contest or do historical test Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 19 Mar, 2014, 13:36 

User rating: 7
Hi, homework527.
I found a escape way for that bugs.
Please try it.

e.g.

This Strategy(SampleA) could export file.
[max(Number, Number) is OK]

But This Strategy(SampleB) could not export file.
[max(Cell, Cell) is not OK]

And, I don't know why, This Strategy(SampleC) could export.
[max((Cell), (Cell)) is OK]

Thanks,

Attachments:
SampleC.JPG [30.12 KiB]
Downloaded 315 times
SampleB.JPG [29.75 KiB]
Downloaded 311 times
SampleA.JPG [29.22 KiB]
Downloaded 331 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com