Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

BBands | Shift
 Post subject: BBands | Shift Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 27 Oct, 2013, 20:25 

User rating: 0
Although shifting by 1 candle back seems to work fine, setting longer distance gives wrong values.
I'm not sure, but I've noticed that probably it gives values of candle twice older. Tried for instance 4 and got values of 8 candles back.

Anyone can confirm?

Attached strategy :
Attachment:
BbandsShift.vfs [15.62 KiB]
Downloaded 189 times

It's not the strategy however, I just recreated this issue with two bbands indicator blocks only. If you put them into any strategy the output is the same wrong.

Pictures showing the issue : bbands1 showing values of 1 candle back, bbands4 - 4 candles, and bbands8 - 8 candles
Attachment:
bbands1.jpg [285.1 KiB]
Downloaded 304 times

Attachment:
bbands4.jpg [282.86 KiB]
Downloaded 282 times

Attachment:
bbands8.jpg [286.61 KiB]
Downloaded 197 times

Post subject: Re: BBands | Shift Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 Oct, 2013, 10:01 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 27
Could you please attach the strategy for further investigation?

Thx in advance!

Post subject: Re: BBands | Shift Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 Oct, 2013, 17:03 

Added to my 1st post.

Post subject: Re: BBands | Shift Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 30 Oct, 2013, 18:00 

Ok thank you.

Could you please check with the strategy attached?

These filters I add were essential in order to minimize errors.
Please note that when testing with debug variables it may occur that the flash-player (the workspace from VJF) is slower than JAVA (source code) hence it follows that the variables can vary from each other.

Bye

Attachments:
BbandsShift1.vfs [22.1 KiB]
Downloaded 194 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: BBands | Shift Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 31 Oct, 2013, 08:15 

I don't get it.
Why should you add extra 'if' blocks, while these filters are already built into 'bbands' block? (you must specify period and instrument there anyway)
Is it a beta isuue or it will remain like this?

Post subject: Re: BBands | Shift Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 31 Oct, 2013, 09:41 

It is because you wanted to set up the strategy like this:

Quote:
Although shifting by 1 candle back seems to work fine, setting longer distance gives wrong values.

To add filters means in that case that you will minimize errors - both will work. But as you might know you have to be precise in coding something. If a user just want to filter or check different values - he can.

There are many functions working without the filters - but we do not recommend them.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: BBands | Shift Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 02 Nov, 2013, 14:18 

Adding filters didn't help.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com