Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest)
 Post subject: Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Jul, 2013, 18:34 

User rating: 0
I prepared a simple strategy with fractal and opening trade only on long position. It runs in backtest both in vjforex and in jforex platform and found it profitable. For this month (July) I have used it in the strategy contest. But its yet to execute any trade.

Any suggestions why it didn't execute any trade!

Post subject: Re: Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Jul, 2013, 10:44 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Hello.

Please provide example of the strategy in VFS file. And log of test messages would be useful.

Best regards, support team.

Post subject: Re: Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Jul, 2013, 13:19 

vadim_berezhnoj wrote:
Hello.

Please provide example of the strategy in VFS file. And log of test messages would be useful.

Best regards, support team.

Thanks support.

I m attaching the VFS File. should a part of the log of test is okay? Its pretty long!

Attachments:
mySimpleStrategy.vfs [26.88 KiB]
Downloaded 347 times
mySimpleStrategy.jfx [26.88 KiB]
Downloaded 365 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Jul, 2013, 17:35 

User rating:
OK. Now I see.

Your strategy creates multiple positions and it is prohibited by rules of contest.
https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontes ... ntestrules
Please read attentively: Trading Rules - 6 - b,c.

Post subject: Re: Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Jul, 2013, 03:49 

vadim_berezhnoj wrote:
OK. Now I see.

Your strategy creates multiple positions and it is prohibited by rules of contest.

Thanks. its starting to execute trade now after putting the logic for single position.

Post subject: Re: Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 13 Jul, 2013, 12:17 

vadim_berezhnoj wrote:
OK. Now I see.

Hi Vadim,
Thanks for your earlier help. For this month, my strategy hasn't been profitable but its okay.

The problem now is, Its has stopped executing trade after 12 trades. The equity is still some $77000 so its should trade. I have waited about 2-3 days to see if it will execute!

Any solution !

Post subject: Re: Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 13 Jul, 2013, 16:05 

User rating: 11
Everyone has this problem... they must restart server or something... :idea:

Post subject: Re: Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Jul, 2013, 10:58 

User rating:
Hello.

We had problems with Contests (Trader and Strategy) on 06.07.2013 and these were restarted.
Have you received notification like this:

Dear Participants,
Due to technical complications, we're forced to restart three contests: Trader, Strategy, and Social Trading contests.
We deeply apologize.
Your demo accounts for these contests are canceled. You are now able to join the contests as you normally would at the beginning of the month.

So please follow the instruction. If problem stays then we are waiting for details.

Post subject: Re: Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Jul, 2013, 12:24 

vadim_berezhnoj wrote:
Hello.

We had problems with Contests (Trader and Strategy) on 06.07.2013 and these were restarted.
Have you received notification like this:

Dear Participants,
Due to technical complications, we're forced to restart three contests: Trader, Strategy, and Social Trading contests.
We deeply apologize.
Your demo accounts for these contests are canceled. You are now able to join the contests as you normally would at the beginning of the month.

So please follow the instruction. If problem stays then we are waiting for details.

Hi Vadim, the execution of trade problem is after the restarting of the Contests. Please have a look at my blog page that list the trades:

https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontes ... ader=mrlfx

Regards,

Post subject: Re: Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Jul, 2013, 15:10 

User rating:
Now we have several reports of similar problem. We are working on it. The details will be provided soon.

Post subject: Re: Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 16 Jul, 2013, 14:08 

vadim_berezhnoj wrote:
Now we have several reports of similar problem. We are working on it. The details will be provided soon.

Hi Vadim,
You guys are doing great support.

The previous problem of non execution of trade was solved. But now, the strategy is in pending mode after executing I guess 2 trades.

Post subject: Re: Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 17 Jul, 2013, 11:57 

User rating:
Hello.

Try to restart it from Startegy settings window with "play" button.

Post subject: Re: Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Aug, 2013, 04:43 

vadim_berezhnoj wrote:
Hello.

Try to restart it from Startegy settings window with "play" button.

Hi Vadim, Its yet to execute any trade this month again. Any idea what could be the problem. Any solutions.

https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontes ... nth=201308

Could you give me a screen shot of "PLAY" button in the strategy setting.

When I open it in View in Visual Jforex directly from the strategy page, it returns as some error occured : check fail in the vjforex page and could not open the strategy.

Post subject: Re: Strategy won't execute in live mode (Strategy Contest) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Aug, 2013, 09:22 

User rating:
Oooo! You got cool contest page!
But I can not diagnose any problem.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com