Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

order state immutable
 Post subject: order state immutable Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 30 May, 2013, 04:50 

User rating: 0
hi guys
Just wondering if this is a bug or if i need to do something different
What i am trying to do is make the stoploss adjusted by the ATR.
"line 15" is the output of the atr indicator.
I only get the message when the "stoploss" changes

Attachments:
Capture.JPG [113.89 KiB]
Downloaded 556 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: order state immutable Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 31 May, 2013, 13:57 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Hello.

It seams that stop calculation is OK. Problem is in use of Position variable.
Can you provide example of how do you use that variable in VFS file?

Post subject: Re: order state immutable Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 08 Jun, 2013, 06:30 

User rating: 0
Hello Sir
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.
This is my strategy it is not very well coded because i am just learning but feel free to give suggestions.
You will also notice the error popping up all the time as it is run.
Hope it helps.

Attachments:
turtle2.vfs [63.22 KiB]
Downloaded 298 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: order state immutable Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 12 Jun, 2013, 15:14 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Hello Natc.

I`m testing your strategy at the moment. And I would advise you several improvements:

1) Use onCandle trigger insted of onTick. Because calculation of 7!!! indicators every Tick loads your CPU hardly. Now one test run takes about 20 minutes. If you run optimization historical test in JForex it would take weeks.

2) Give variables their own different names. It is hard to understand what data saved in Line11 and what is in Low65 and Line12. Name Line10, line11, line12 as SMA20, SMA30 and SMA50 and so on.

3) Check all series of IF blocks. While testing, program can not go through that blocks to the Open at Market or Cancel blocks. So it does not trade.

Make a little corrections in your strategy and we will continue its development.

Best regards, Support team.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com