Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Problem with GetTimeUnit
 Post subject: Problem with GetTimeUnit Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 18 May, 2013, 23:49 

User rating: 7
Hello Support,

Im trying to use the GetTimeUnit block to stop a system placing a trade if the last trade was within 30 min.

The problem I am finding - is that the get time unit block is not being populated by the time when it is triggered - I have tried multiple settings: double / int / date and time
but it does seem to output the value. The picture below shows 1 minute bars and multiple entries. On the right hand side is the 3 time blocks I am using - the first is ticktime which is correct (last tick.tick time) , the next is tradetime - its start value is 10 (needs a start value for when the system starts) but after the first trade it should update to the corresponding time bar number. And finally there is newtime which is a calculation to work out the time 30min forwards.

File is attached - I believe it is a bug, but can you have a look for me =)

Thanks

Attachments:
timebandfailure.jpg [228.84 KiB]
Downloaded 500 times
timeband.vfs [44.79 KiB]
Downloaded 309 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Problem with GetTimeUnit Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 20 May, 2013, 09:44 

User rating: 6
Thank you for your submission.

We are currently investigating the issue.

Post subject: Re: Problem with GetTimeUnit Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 20 May, 2013, 14:32 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 4
doczero wrote:
Im trying to use the GetTimeUnit block to stop a system placing a trade if the last trade was within 30 min.

As we can see from your example, the GetTimeUnit block is working good, but in some cases the values in debug view for Visual JForex Interface has incorrect values, it means that you see the wrong values in Interface, but inside system it has the correct value. This issue is already known, to fix it is quite difficult, but anyway we will do improvements to solve it, as much as possible.

P.S. in Calculatuion expression you are calculate the DateTime variables, but as result you are defined as double, in this case better to use not double but DateTime variable type as well. Later we will do human view for date time.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com