Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Visual Jforex keep shutting down
 Post subject: Visual Jforex keep shutting down Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 20 Apr, 2013, 18:02 

User rating: 0
Hi,
first - I would like to express my thanks for this wonderful tool and concept. Its great and certainly had to cost you a lot of time to develop. I believe it might be mql killer for a lot of non programmer traders. Now I have one more reason to trade with you!

I had worked with your vjforex for quite some time and ran into some possible bugs:

1. Often (something like once/twice an hour) it just freezes with warning:
- Server Error: Tomcat server error
- JSON code 4 error
Sometimes it just shows these warnings and continue to work. Sometimes it show this warning on every mouse click on components. SOmetimes it freezes completely or wont load the "desktop".

2. Also no matter what I tried or set - graph in historical tester always starts with 30min TF - no matter if I set it to 1hr etc ... also when I set it to 1hr manually when running strategy testing, next new candles disappear and graph shows only single short lines instead of candles.

3. In 5 tries from 10 historical tester graph just test my strategy on random pair which I did not select. So I must to stop it, set it once more and hope that it will start with correct currency pair. I have tried to hard code default pair to my strategy, but it didnt work either.

I am running Win7 with up to date flash/java. Have tried it in all three major browsers: Firefox/Opera/Chrome, but bugs above apply to any of them.

Please let me know, if it might be issue on my side/my PC, or if it is something you will work on to correct it.

Thanks again for this superb tool and please keep developing it.

Best regards
jk.

Post subject: Re: Visual Jforex keep shutting down Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 22 Apr, 2013, 01:11 

User rating: 0
I have had a similar experience. Love the tool. It worked for awhile but now it won't launch giving a Tomcat Server error. I realize it is a new tool and I expect the bugs to take some time to work out.

I hope it is fixed soon because it will save a lot of code writing enabling me to test many different strategies relatively quickly. There is a bit of a latency issue but it is manageable.

Post subject: Re: Visual Jforex keep shutting down Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 22 Apr, 2013, 13:30 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 4
jk00 wrote:
1. Often (something like once/twice an hour) it just freezes with warning:
- Server Error: Tomcat server error
- JSON code 4 error
Sometimes it just shows these warnings and continue to work. Sometimes it show this warning on every mouse click on components. SOmetimes it freezes completely or wont load the "desktop".

Yes, we have troubles with our servers. We are solving it right now.
22 April, 2013: The problem is fixed.

jk00 wrote:
2. Also no matter what I tried or set - graph in historical tester always starts with 30min TF - no matter if I set it to 1hr etc ... also when I set it to 1hr manually when running strategy testing, next new candles disappear and graph shows only single short lines instead of candles.

Strating from specific time frame depends from the time interval, which you define for Historical Tester.
Speaking about dissapearing and short lines, can you provide more details? Like screenshoot, Java Console Logs, strategy.

jk00 wrote:
3. In 5 tries from 10 historical tester graph just test my strategy on random pair which I did not select. So I must to stop it, set it once more and hope that it will start with correct currency pair. I have tried to hard code default pair to my strategy, but it didnt work either.

The problem is accepted, it will be fixed. Thanks.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com