Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

AND and OR blocks
 Post subject: AND and OR blocks Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 17 Jul, 2016, 20:49 

User rating: 1
I know there are indirect ways that AND/OR ogic operators can be implemented, but to have them as specific blocks would be great. (although I'm not an MQL4/5 fan, it is supported with at least a couple of EA builder tools e.g. Dreema that have AND/OR blocks in their funcitonalities).

Post subject: Re: AND and OR blocks Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Mon 18 Jul, 2016, 09:32 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

We'll assess this request and see how it can be implemented but to clarify AND / OR statements, here is an example:
IF Last tick > 1.1050 AND IF its volume is above 10Mio THEN ...

IF Last tick > 1.1050 OR IF last tick Volume is above 10Mio THEN ...
(only one of the conditions should be met)

And in the following one, IF Last tick > 1.1050 OR last tick Volume is above 10Mio OR both

Attachments:
And.JPG [69.05 KiB]
Downloaded 350 times
Or.JPG [62.09 KiB]
Downloaded 319 times
Capture3.JPG [75.26 KiB]
Downloaded 319 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: AND and OR blocks Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 19 Jul, 2016, 11:16 

Thank you, and I'm glad you will review these requests forAND/OR blocks. I wanted also to draw your attention to a couple of mql4/5 visual trading tools which seem to capture virtually all of the features which if they where Incorporated into visual jforex ( of course I mean the features that are already not incorporated or require workarounds ) would give any non-programmer great versatility and powerful capabilities who is visual jforex. And, in my humble opinion, that would make visual jforex more appealing. So I'd like you to see a couple of links to videos, which I can either post to your or send separately if you give me another address.

Post subject: Re: AND and OR blocks Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 19 Jul, 2016, 12:10 

Thanks a lot for that, I would be glad to see that so feel free to share these links here.
I'll consider this request and discuss it with VJF dev team.

Cheers !

Post subject: Re: AND and OR blocks Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 19 Jul, 2016, 17:38 

Hi - alright here we go. There's a number of EA builder tools for MQL4, but I've selected 3 for you because these look to be the most popular and have substantial user forums. I haven't used any of them myself, so I'm commenting on certain features that I like based on youtube videos and other material.

Main points are that each has clear AND/OR blocks. The also have small icon blocks with separate text. Why do I point this out? In VJF the blocks collapse, but don't collapse very small. So the only real way to show a lot of blocks on a screen is to zoom out. But unfortunately the text in the VJF boxes (like the title) shrinks as well and is a big limit as to what can shown on the screen (unless it's really big of course). So that means a lot of zooming in and zooming out. With these 3 other other tools the text is big and icons small so a lot can be seen on the screen. Dreema also has block flow numbers cleary visible, and that's handy. One of them at least (can't remember which) has all the comparison operators as selectable options (<, >, =, >=, <=, <>). That means fewer flow lines, which also is very handy especially when there are a lot of blocks in the VJF strategy.

n.b. there is another tool called Visual Trader Studio but which I haven't included because it's not so popular. One of the features it has though is the ability to move flow lines around so that they never overlap (in one of my other posts I pointed out that it is difficult when there are many blocks to follow the flow lines that overlap).

Anyway, I'm just trying to show useful features that would be great in VJF. There could be other things in the tools I've identified here, but I'm not familiar enough with them to say.

Hope this is all of use.
cheers.

Dreema (from forexfactory blog
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... 741&page=3

Molanis (strategy builder manual link)
https://www.molanis.com/images/stories/m ... de_MT4.pdf

FXPro Quant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqpLe9nLnDA

Post subject: Re: AND and OR blocks Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 20 Jul, 2016, 12:54 

Excellent !
Thanks

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com