Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Position Size Calculator
 Post subject: Position Size Calculator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 24 Jun, 2014, 22:21 

User rating: 0
I really need an equipment for the JForex which can calculate the position size when I set the stop loss level on the chart and I defined risk in % of my equity.
I want to set only the TP, maybe slippage, and the Risk %. I would like to set the SL on the chart.
The software calculate and set the position size, and recalculate when the actual price is changing.

Maybe it should take into consideration the commission as well. Either the software calculate somehow or I set an average commission value in pips in advance, for example 1 pip.

Maybe is there a solution? I haven’t found.

If somebody understands my very poor English and he/she can help me I thank him/her very much in advance.

I attached a picture which show how I imagine the problem.

Attachments:
JFproject3.jpg [285.61 KiB]
Downloaded 416 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Position Size Calculator Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Wed 25 Jun, 2014, 09:42 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Greetings,

Well, this is basically possible but using Visual Jforex you need to specify either you need fully automated trading or partial one:
- If you need to determine these variables, you can give us the calculation formula of each variable and specify which variable is to be manually input (risk rate ?)
- If you need these variables to be populated in the order entry window then it is not possible to do this using Visual Jforex. VJF can do the calculation and trade on your behalf with regards to your entry conditions.
- You can use a VJF strategy that doesn't trade and perform only the calculations in real time but you need to input manually the price, SL etc in case you need to keep control of your trades.

Waiting for your feedback ...

Thx

Post subject: Re: Position Size Calculator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 25 Jun, 2014, 18:19 

User rating: 0
amine_chourou wrote:
Greetings,

Well, this is basically possible but using Visual Jforex you need to specify either you need fully automated trading or partial one:
- If you need to determine these variables, you can give us the calculation formula of each variable and specify which variable is to be manually input (risk rate ?)
- If you need these variables to be populated in the order entry window then it is not possible to do this using Visual Jforex. VJF can do the calculation and trade on your behalf with regards to your entry conditions.
- You can use a VJF strategy that doesn't trade and perform only the calculations in real time but you need to input manually the price, SL etc in case you need to keep control of your trades.

Waiting for your feedback ...

Thx

Hi Amine Chourou,

Thank you for your quick answer!

Finally I found that the solution already exists in the JStore. I had downloaded lot of softwares from it before, and finally after I sent my post I noticed an other interesting named strategy.
It is called "smartFX Trader" and it looks it knows what I wanted.

I started to test it and at this moment it looks good.

Again, thank you for your reply!

Post subject: Re: Position Size Calculator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014, 12:45 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Great!
The smart FX is really an intuitive tool!
Enjoy!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com