Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Debugging
 Post subject: Debugging Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 26 Jun, 2013, 03:31 

User rating: 0
:o
Thank you Vadim and DocZero for your help on previous request.

Mistakenly I assigned a Integer Type to a Double Variable.
The Strategy display error message, but does nothing.

Is it possible to either display the block where the mistake took place or even better stop and flash/highlight the block in question ?
Is it possible to create a trace or error log that will help with debugging and following the flow of the strategy?

Post subject: Re: Debugging Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 26 Jun, 2013, 03:47 

And thank you in advance to all that will evaluate and answer my post.

Post subject: Re: Debugging Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 27 Jun, 2013, 07:10 

User rating: 7
Hi Mate,

So - there isnt debugging like you described, however you can use breakpoints (which is the stop sign at the top of the block) to stop the flow at a certain point. If if you are finding something isnt working how you suspected - you can always throw a breakpoint at where it is, and that will stop the system before that block triggers - you then can step forwards one block at a time (make sure you have breakpoints on each) to see which block causes the error.

That may help you - the other way, is email me the strategy and i'll cast my eye over it =)

DoC

Post subject: Re: Debugging Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 27 Jun, 2013, 07:45 

Thank you DocZero,

In the 80's we found Debuggers useful, can one do development without Debuggers:)!?

Maybe more people will find useful at least a log file that pipes all the computing, that can be switched off when the Strategy is completed?

Thank you all.

Post subject: Re: Debugging Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Jul, 2013, 01:23 

Dear all,

I rebuilt the strategy and tried to build it and I get:

JSON decoding error: 4

Can somebody please let me know what is the problem?

Regards

Attachments:
MyStrategy01.vfs [66.28 KiB]
Downloaded 334 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Debugging Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Jul, 2013, 09:10 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Hello.
viewtopic.php?f=141&t=49486
That is bug, sorry.

Post subject: Re: Debugging Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Jul, 2013, 09:17 

Hi Vadim,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Yes, that is the answer for the JSON error. I found a way around it, so my strategy now works.

However, please advise if you guys have any plans to provide (when you decide, obviously) any debugging tools, log files, different logging levels, or maybe highlight the block where is the error.

IMHO, this will save some time to many people in your area, since some of us will work more through the problem, will be better informed and provide more relevant information to you.

Anyhow, I like it and will continue to work on it. Hope that by the time you release V1.0, I will be familiar with the platform - good job.

Regards

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com