Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

SL Block Side Setting
 Post subject: SL Block Side Setting Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 10 Sep, 2019, 08:39 

User rating: 1
Dear Admin,

I would like to change the "side" of the positions SL and TP (i.e. set the stop loss of a long position at ask instead of bid price). I try changing the "side" setting of the SL block from "same side" to "opposite side" but it does not change anything - when the pending order is created the SL is still set at "bid". Is this parameter not working or how can I do this? Thank you.

The Best Answer  Post subject: Re: SL Block Side Setting Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 12 Sep, 2019, 16:49 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Hello.

You can change side of SL trigger, but it is imposible for TP.
Please read about how Take Profit order works.
https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/en/forex ... ake-profit

If something is not working please provide the issue description and strategy that replicates it.

Kind regards, Support Team.

Post subject: Re: SL Block Side Setting Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 17 Sep, 2019, 09:35 

Dear Vadim,

I do not think the "side" setting of the SL Block is working. I.e. when pending long is set, the SL Block always sets the SL at bid, regardless of if I set "same side" or "opposite side". The file is attached. Thank you

Attachments:
EUPendingLong.jfx [19.45 KiB]
Downloaded 147 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: SL Block Side Setting Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Tue 17 Sep, 2019, 15:26 

User rating:
Please provide source VFS file.

Post subject: Re: SL Block Side Setting Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 18 Sep, 2019, 14:04 

Sorry, wrong file:)

Attachments:
EUPendingLong.vfs [36.72 KiB]
Downloaded 155 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: SL Block Side Setting Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 19 Sep, 2019, 15:40 

User rating:
Your strategy sets new Open Buy Stop order and adds Stop Loss order to it.
To change the trigger on Open Stop order you should cancel it and set new.
For more info please use the manual:
https://www.dukascopy.com/vfhelper/down ... _locale=EN

5.3.4. Trading

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com