Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

S&R indicator in Visual JF?
 Post subject: S&R indicator in Visual JF? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 04 May, 2015, 09:36 

User rating: 0
Hi,

In JForex platform there is an indicator called S&R for highlighting Support and Resistance.
I can't find it in Visual JF. Can it be imported?

Thank you,
mosu_d

Post subject: Re: S&R indicator in Visual JF? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 05 May, 2015, 13:51 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

Thanks for your request.
We will study the feasibility of implementing this indicator and keep you posted.

Post subject: Re: S&R indicator in Visual JF? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 28 Aug, 2015, 15:25 

Hi,

I believe you're already aware about the S&R adding :)

Enjoy

Post subject: Re: S&R indicator in Visual JF? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 03 Sep, 2015, 22:21 

I was not aware.

Thank you very much for the heads up !

Post subject: Re: S&R indicator in Visual JF? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 03 Sep, 2015, 23:12 

This would be great for my new strategy.

I tried to use it, but I am missing the "context".
Could you add the Date Time to the extreme values?

For the Applied Price setting, could you add an option ... Real (Absolute) Price?
In my case, it doesn't make sense to use minimum of High prices.

I would need maximum of High price
and minimum of Low price.

Pleeeeessss :D

Post subject: Re: S&R indicator in Visual JF? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 04 Sep, 2015, 14:28 

Hi,

Quote:
Could you add the Date Time to the extreme values?

Well, you can use the get time unit block and save the date and time at every output update . We cannot implement such custom fields in the indicator for the time being.

Quote:
For the Applied Price setting, could you add an option ... Real (Absolute) Price?
In my case, it doesn't make sense to use minimum of High prices.

When you set the applied price to "Close Price" this will apply by default the values that you can see in Jforex platform when adding the S&R indicator. Is this doesn't reflect the levels that you need ? if so, can you provide an example with calculation ?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: S&R indicator in Visual JF? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 04 Sep, 2015, 17:04 

Hi Amine,

You are right, if I select Close Price under Applied Price, I get the Candle High and Candle Low as in JForex.

The logic I need is:
1. select last X candles.
2. get Max Candle High with respective Max Time
3. get Min Candle Low with respective Min Time (I made Default_1.11 for the logic implementation)

I used strategi Default_1.10 to test if I can satisfy this logic with SandR
and I can't because (it seems) the shift is ignored. The "last" Candle High and Candle Low are selected regardless if the shift is 10 or 50.

If I use the get time unit block and save the date and time at every output, I will get the time of the execution of the block, not the time when the extreme value occurred.

Cheers,
mosu_d

Attachments:
Default_1.11.vfs [43.5 KiB]
Downloaded 101 times
Default_1.10.vfs [23.69 KiB]
Downloaded 107 times
chart.png [18.01 KiB]
Downloaded 288 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: S&R indicator in Visual JF? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 07 Sep, 2015, 10:30 

Hi there,

I've checked the S&R indicator with regards to your remarks and found the following:

- The shift value is working fine as you can see below, I've played with the shift value and it give me the right data.

Herewith an example that retrieves the time stamp of every new S&R min max values. Feel free to insert this in your main strategy, you can assign the latest S&R min max time as a start value of your variables "Latest_Min...." and "Latest_max ..."

Your comments are welcome

Cheers

Attachments:
S&R_TimeStamp.vfs [26.12 KiB]
Downloaded 106 times
S&R_shifted.jpg [354.66 KiB]
Downloaded 401 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: S&R indicator in Visual JF? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 09 Sep, 2015, 18:48 

Thank you very much Amine,

It is an intricate solution to which i would not have thought.

My concern with this is the algorithm complexity.
The information can be gathered through one pass through the candles. This would have complexity On where n is the number of candles.

The example uses 2 SandR and one GetCandle. This has complexity 3 x On.

To build a strategy to recognise a pattern, this code needs to be used several times and would become inefficient.

Is it possible to create a new version of SandR ?

Thank you,
mosu_d

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com