Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Stop Strategy block - stops the Historical Tester altogether when it is triggered.
 Post subject: Stop Strategy block - stops the Historical Tester altogether when it is triggered. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 16 May, 2015, 11:35 

User rating: 0
Hi,

My strategy is executed on each 1 hour candle.
If I get 4 consecutive up candles I want to stop the strategy because it is not the pattern I am searching for.

But instead of showing the next strategy execution on next candle
the Historical Tester stops altogether.

Cheers,
mosu_d

Post subject: Re: Stop Strategy block - stops the Historical Tester altogether when it is triggered. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 18 May, 2015, 13:21 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

Can you please send your strategy to [email protected] and address it to me so that I can have a look.

PS: The board attachment issue is currently under fix ...

Post subject: Re: Stop Strategy block - stops the Historical Tester altogether when it is triggered. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 18 May, 2015, 18:07 

Hi,

I attached an example.
Cheers,
mosu_d

Attachments:
Default_1.02.vfs [32.88 KiB]
Downloaded 123 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Stop Strategy block - stops the Historical Tester altogether when it is triggered. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 20 May, 2015, 09:26 

Hi,

The strategy stops as per the instruction set in "Stop strategy" If CLose < Open.
Depending on your needs, I think it is better to work on individual candles shifted and use a logical trigger to stop the flow as used in our previous discussion.
Attached an example that you can work out with your additional conditions.
Make sure to set the value Go back to true so that the strategy wont be definitely blocked

Rgds

Attachments:
Sample.vfs [32.14 KiB]
Downloaded 124 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Stop Strategy block - stops the Historical Tester altogether when it is triggered. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 20 May, 2015, 10:39 

Hi,

The description of the block is
"Stop Strategy" - stops strategy work.

Not very descriptive, but it could mean one of 2 things:

1. What I would expect:
Stop the current execution of the strategy (for the current triggering event; in my case a candle)
Continue with a new instance of the strategy on the next event (next candle).
In this case Historical Tester should not stop, it should continue with the new candle.

2. What I would Not expect:
Stop the Entire Strategy from execution.
In this case the strategy is blocked indefinitely. There should be events raised for this block
and also a block to catch the event and Start Strategy. I don't see either in the documentation.
In this case Historical Tester behaves correctly.

So, what does Stop Strategy actually do?

Cheers,
mosu_d

Post subject: Re: Stop Strategy block - stops the Historical Tester altogether when it is triggered. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 21 May, 2015, 12:29 

Hi

The description of this block was updated accordingly. Actually we're working on the helper and updates are released progressively.

Post subject: Re: Stop Strategy block - stops the Historical Tester altogether when it is triggered. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 21 May, 2015, 13:39 

Hi,

So it means the second point....

"Stop Strategy" - This block is used to stop permanently the strategy.

Ok, can be closed for me.
Cheers,
mosu_d

Post subject: Re: Stop Strategy block - stops the Historical Tester altogether when it is triggered. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 09 Dec, 2016, 13:57 

VJF new version 1.6.57 is just released which includes a pdf user guide under Help menu.
(Make sure to clear your browser's cookies to access it)
Envoy !

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com