Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Problem with sqrt using calculation expression block.
 Post subject: Problem with sqrt using calculation expression block. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 30 Jul, 2015, 04:28 

User rating: 0
Hello Support,

Problem with "sqrt", there are two calculation expression blocks, when disconnected from the flow all blocks work fine all through the strategy and variables are correct, when "sqrt" with calculation expression is reconnected the strategy gives errors messages and the variables have erratic results, again it might be my logic, but I sure would appreciate some of your insight, the strategy is an attempt for a simple linear regression model.

By the way since I'm at it, did Dukascopy have tried Windows 10 with its platforms, I'm waiting to upgrade but looking for a smooth transition, any input would be appreciated. Thank you Very much.

Best Regards

Attachments:
Lr1_Eurusd.vfs [48.49 KiB]
Downloaded 77 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Problem with sqrt using calculation expression block. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 31 Jul, 2015, 16:31 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

It seems like the loopViewer block is causing this issue but I did not figured out why ...
The question is: Why do you need to use Get historical candles (The latest 5) if you just need the last close candle price ?
And why the loop viewer ? what is the iteration that you want to do ??

Attached another version ...

Cheers

Attachments:
Lr1_Eurusd_V2.vfs [47.93 KiB]
Downloaded 80 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Problem with sqrt using calculation expression block. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 04 Aug, 2015, 10:51 

User rating: 0
Hello Amine,

Thank you for your reply, yes definitively there needs to be more than one period to calculate linear regressions, the five candles is aleatory it will depend on the results it could be more and should be for the results to be valid, Again on another strategy I worked on, since that last one, making use of forecasting linear regression formula, this part of the strategy worked fine until I implemented a validation process using the "syx" formula or "standard error estimate" which also make use of sqrt and that also returned me that same error "error running the strategy". Any chance to have a deeper look into the calculation expression block.

Regards

Post subject: Re: Problem with sqrt using calculation expression block. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 04 Aug, 2015, 14:27 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Sorry but I still did not get what are you looking for.
Can you please provide us with a detailed specification of the strategy and attach your file in .vfs format ?

Thanks

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com