Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Problem with Historical Tester
 Post subject: Problem with Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 25 May, 2015, 00:06 

User rating: 0
Hi,

Historical Tester does not have or use the Candle High and Low any more. This worked in the past.
These don't appear on the charts as soon as the testing time starts.

Also, Pause button stops the tester alltogether.

Cheers,
mosu_d.

Attachments:
mustati.png [51.83 KiB]
Downloaded 441 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Problem with Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 May, 2015, 12:18 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hiya,

We can't reproduce the problem from our side. Can you please access your Jforex Cache folder and delete its content? tha path looks like: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\JForex\.cache
Once done, you have to delete Java temporary files from Java control panel (Make sure all Java apps are closed before that ) and then restart your historical tester and keep us posted about the result.

Thanks in advance !

Post subject: Re: Problem with Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 27 May, 2015, 12:52 

Hi,

I have done the steps mentioned. No change:

Regards,
mosu_d

Attachments:
Tester.png [100 KiB]
Downloaded 418 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Problem with Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 28 May, 2015, 08:13 

Hi,

Tried it on different computer
with IE, Firefox, Chrome,
updated Flash
and still same problem.

Also, Pause button
or breack points
stops the tester alltogether.

I can't do any testing...

Cheers,
mosu_d

Post subject: Re: Problem with Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 28 May, 2015, 14:57 
JForex Master

User rating:
There is no bug. You are simply interpolation hourly candles. This explains all your charts. You are doing it with "Tick on open" or "Tick on close" method most probably. When you interpolate a candle this way, you get one price (open or close respectively), which explains why there are no highs/lows.

Interpolation gives very approximate result. We suggest testing on "All ticks".

The problem with the "Pause" could not be repeated. I tried from the JForex Historical Tester. Works just fine.

Post subject: Re: Problem with Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 28 May, 2015, 20:52 

Thank you for the help,

Indeed I was interpolating without noticing it.
And when interpolating the Pause butten does not work.

Now, if I set the Period back to Tick I can see highs/lows
and the Pause button works,
also, breack points pause the strategy (Pause button turns into Resume)
and I can continue testing (pressing Resume that turns into Pause).

That is great,
Thank you,
mosu_d

Post subject: Re: Problem with Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Jun, 2015, 11:39 

Thank you,

This can be closed.

Cheers,
mosu_d

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com