Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Build a Psedo Coding Language
 Post subject: Build a Psedo Coding Language Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Nov, 2023, 23:26 

User rating: 0
I've been trying to learn the Jforex SDK to develop indicators for about 3 months.
It's a really long and very complicated journey. The documentation released is outdated, poor and lacking in examples. This is making it really difficult for me to learn it.

There are no books/courses or external resources from which you can learn the syntax of the entire SDK.
I'm not a new programmer, I have knowledge of Python and JS from many years. I have a small smattering of Java that I'm developing day after day.

My request is to update the documentation, release some resources for learning or develop a pseudo code that facilitates use and learning for the development of indicators.This would greatly simplify the development process, avoiding a large part of the variable declarations, and concentrating directly on the most important functions.

I think that making the code easier to learn will attract the attention of many more people who are looking for a complete platform from every point of view, as jforex4 currently is.
I believe that the lack of external learning material (such as books written by third parties) is also due to this difficulty in learning the unattractive native code.

Here is a practical example of the verbosity of a script for calculating Ichimoku:

MQL5 = 257 Lines of code (including comments)
Pinescript = 21 Lines of code (No comments)
ProRealCode = 110 lines of code (including comments)
JForex4 = 410 Lines of Code (No Comments)

This is just a starting point, I will continue to study the code further, based on the little documentation I have. Thanks for your time

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com