Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Replay Improvement
 Post subject: Replay Improvement Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 12 Oct, 2023, 07:29 

User rating: 0
Hello, replay feature is great, but still doesn't work properly when you're using multiple timeframes.

For example, right now when you're on to 1 minute timeframe and then you switch to a higher timeframe, and then you switch back to 1 minute timeframe, the price will go near the close of the higher timeframe.

I'm on 1 min timeframe, 3:23 PM, then I'm switching to 30 min timeframe, and when I go back to 1min timeframe the price will be at 3:29 PM, and this is a issue cause you can't really backtest because the price will go ahead.

What it should do is like this : If I'm 1 min timeframe, and I'm switching to a different higher timeframe, the price should stay where it was on 1 min timeframe, we don't want to see the next candle on the higher timeframe, nor the price on 1m should move ahead because you switched to a different timeframe.

A lot of people are using multiple timeframe analysis, and you can't use it on replay feature cause the price will go ahead when you're switching the timeframe.

I think this change will take the app to the next level, which will be a benefit, because big names like TradingView and other charting programs, have the same problem with the replay tool.

Post subject: Re: Replay Improvement Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 May, 2024, 17:21 
JForex Master

User rating:
We plan to add an option to replay the chart on all ticks. This will solve the issue. However, on the expense of the speed.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com