Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Drawing lock toggle
 Post subject: Drawing lock toggle Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 20 May, 2020, 23:11 

User rating: 0
Hi,

Ever since you added the ability to select a drawing with a single mouse click, I have been accidentally moving my drawings, especially fib retracements, around by mistake, when scrolling through a chart. This is super annoying, of course, because some of those drawings are meticulously made and take time to correct afterwards. The undo feature doesn't help, because the scrolling quickly fills the undo level buffer, leaving the drawing still not in the correct place, after you run out of undo levels.

Could you please consider adding a lock feature, so that the drawing you want to protect can be safe from being accidentally moved around? That would greatly enhance my workflow when analyzing charts.

Best,
Martin

Post subject: Re: Drawing lock toggle Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Jun, 2020, 15:08 

User rating: 0
Hi,

I've been learning to program in java to be able to utilize the huge flexibility of JForex better.

I noticed that the API has the lock feature already via the isLocked() method, so it should be relatively easy to add that to the drawing right-click menu, or am I wrong..?

If you do decide to add it, of course having the drawing object show in the object tree in the navigator anyway, even though it is locked, would be the best. I would think the lock feature would be relevant only as a sort of "fumble protection" function on the chart, not as a general lock that prevents access to the drawing object completely.

Cheers,
Martin

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com