Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Advanced custom candle indicator
 Post subject: Advanced custom candle indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 16 Feb, 2019, 14:48 

User rating: 0
I have a suggestion that would make customcandle indicator much more universal and applicable.

Instead of it displaying only preseted time frames, you could add option to display multiplicator of 1 candle. So.......... x times 1[chart] candle.

For example, i have opened 3 min chart and i wish to set custom candles in the backround displaying x3 candles....so 9 min chart.
We could also use this on price based chart option (range, renko, tick), making customcandle indicator truly universal and adjustable for multiple purposes, not just displaying default time frames in the backround.

One more good feature would be, adding more display style options not just "filled" candles, but also "empty" candles with different lines to choose from.

As an example i m attaching range bars chart with 5x candle overlay from mt4.

Post subject: Re: Advanced custom candle indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 11 Apr, 2019, 12:00 
JForex Master

User rating:
This can be achieved currently, if you customize the period needed first and then apply it to the CUSTOMCANDLE indicator. We prefer not to complicate this feature as the period the indicator is calculated from depends on the period chosen in the chart.

Attachments:
M3.png [34 KiB]
Downloaded 507 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Advanced custom candle indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Aug, 2019, 14:08 

Perhaps i didn t express myself clearly. Yes you can do this on the normal time based charts, but you can t do the same thing on alternatives (range, renko, tick,..)

With alternative type of charts (range, renko,..) there are no choices, except for combining them with regular time based candles, like having x min customcandle overlayed on the x pip range chart.

My request was adding a feature which would enable us doing (pseudo) mtf trading on alternative type charts.

Example:

We can trade 1 min chart with 5 and 15 min candle overlayed.

We can t trade 5 pip range chart with x3 (or different multiplier of base candle) customcandle overlayed.

It s not much of a complication, all there is needed is an multiplier input option. I m using this type of charting all the time, but i have to do it via mt4. If you need examples, let me know..

Post subject: Re: Advanced custom candle indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 20 Aug, 2019, 08:38 
JForex Master

User rating:
Please provide a picture from Metatrader. It does not sound very useful.

Post subject: Re: Advanced custom candle indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 22 Aug, 2019, 11:50 

Platform Support wrote:
Please provide a picture from Metatrader. It does not sound very useful.

No problem, if the usefulness is not clear on the chart let me know, i ll post more examples. These are renko bars, but
the indicator can be used on any price based bars and it s very simple.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com