Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JForex3: x/y proportionality of the chart (doubled topic -previous locked by mistake)
 Post subject: JForex3: x/y proportionality of the chart (doubled topic -previous locked by mistake) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 11 Oct, 2018, 14:07 

User rating: 0
Hello, I would like to ask you about a chart proportionality.

I need to draw Trend Lines in positions and angles based on the graph in any level of zoom and I have a serious problem about JForex chart proportion, because JForex3 zooms a chart in time axle only, price is fixed - you can lock/unlock the chart but it has diferent proportion everytime. If I unlock the graph I dont know what proportion is right. For example MT4 has an option for display a chart in LOCK mode (fit on the screen) and UNLOCK mode which is 1:1 price/time scale, you can zoom the chart in/out and it has still the same x/y proportionality 1:1.

A chart itself without fixed x/y ratio is a little bit oddy thing ... Thank you

---------------------------------------
RE: mtnfx wrote:
'1:1 price/time scale' - i would say it is something not applicable to price chart because 'price' and 'time' have completely different units of measure.
What change in price do you expected matches to change in time of 1 minute? And ... give that answer for different currency pairs, for example EUR/USD, USD/JPY and USD/RUB ...

---------------------------------------

Hello,

may be I was not too clear. May be due to my english :-)

1) '1:1 price/time scale' is not an absolute expresion as it sounds. I agree it can not be realized as an absolute rule " x pips = x time" .... BUT ... every trading platform I have met last 15 years for FX, commodity markets like MT4 etc., had a chart (in UNLOCK mode) with price/time fixation = if you zoom a chart it zooms propotionaly in x/y axle. It is a classic zoom of a screen as everybody knows from the other aplications ... web viewer zooms page i both axles ... zoom the screen in X axle only ...

2) A solution. I am not a programmer. I do not know how it should be done in JForex3 especially. But generally all screen objects are fixed in it's propotions to pixels. It is essential to test the pixel ratio between the pip and the gap of the Bar (I use mostly BarChart) to have a readable chart.

3) As it is written above: MT4 has solved this problem a decade ago so it may be inspiring for JForex3 too.

Thanks for your advice

Post subject: Re: JForex3: x/y proportionality of the chart (doubled topic -previous locked by mistake) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 11 Oct, 2018, 20:15 

User rating: 18
I suppose you are talking about "Scale fix One to One" described here
https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading- ... arts_setup
Quote:
Scale fix One to One – fix the chart scale as "one to one" (the size of one pip of the vertical axis in pixels is equal to the distance between the bars axes in pixels). At that, the "Scale fix" option will be enabled automatically, and a scroll bar will appear at the right side of the window that allows to move the chart vertically. This mode is necessary for precise constructions.

Just installed MT4 to see how it works - absolutely weird thing to my my mind ... it somehow works on EUR/USD, but try viewing "Gold" chart in that mode. Any timeframe larger than M1 is not usable because everything goes off-screen.

I personally think that drawing 'angles' on chart does not have much sense - because time and price cannot be compared in the same units.
It may be handy to have ability to lock proportion of "price-change / time-change" for zooming (for example "number of X-pixels needed to draw 1-hour interval == number of Y-pixels needed to draw 100 pips"), but definitely ratio will be different for different instruments and of course not 1:1.

OK, I got what your are talking about. Have nothing more to say here :)

Post subject: Re: JForex3: x/y proportionality of the chart (doubled topic -previous locked by mistake) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 14 Oct, 2018, 11:27 

Yes that is it: MT4 Scale fix One to One; the size of the chart depends on screen resolution - not suitable for all derivates but for pairs like GBP/USD at M5 is 200 pips on screen almost adequate. For most basic currencies it is a good projection of the chart and more precise solution for discussion between two traders - everyone has the chart with same shapes and proportion of patterns.

I would like to ask programmers of JForex3 about consider implementation of the "Scale fix One to One" as a variation or a basic variant of the JForex3s chart? I guess it will be helpful for many traders :)

Thank you very much

Post subject: Re: JForex3: x/y proportionality of the chart (doubled topic -previous locked by mistake) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 02 Dec, 2018, 21:46 

Hello programmers of JForex3,

is there any chance of implementation "Scale fix ONE to ONE" to JForex3 ?

Thank you

For traders: For fixation of the JForex graph to 1:1 I use simple graphic tool: Draw a square (or rectangle), put a trendline in the left bottom corner, set the angle of the trendline at 45° and fix rectangle on the trendline in its opposite corner.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com