Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JForex3: chart proportionality
 Post subject: JForex3: chart proportionality Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018, 20:16 

User rating: 0
Hello, I would like to ask you about a chart proportionality.

I need to draw Trend Lines in positions and angles based on the graph in any level of zoom and I have a serious problem about JForex chart proportion, because JForex3 zooms a chart in time axle only, price is fixed - you can lock/unlock the chart but it has diferent proportion everytime. If I unlock the graph I dont know what proportion is right. For example MT4 has an option for display a chart in LOCK mode (fit on the screen) and UNLOCK mode which is 1:1 price/time scale, you can zoom the chart in/out and it has still the same x/y proportionality 1:1.

A chart itself without fixed x/y ratio is a little bit oddy thing ... Thank you

Post subject: Re: JForex3: chart proportionality Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 10 Oct, 2018, 09:08 

User rating: 18
'1:1 price/time scale' - i would say it is something not applicable to price chart because 'price' and 'time' have completely different units of measure.
What change in price do you expected matches to change in time of 1 minute? And ... give that answer for different currency pairs, for example EUR/USD, USD/JPY and USD/RUB ...

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com