Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Enhance screen usage in "tile" layout
 Post subject: Enhance screen usage in "tile" layout Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 12 Nov, 2017, 12:45 

User rating: 18
Hello, I tried working with tiled layout with 'overview' charts moved to 2nd monitor and I feel that nice feature is hardly usable because of following problems

1. I think 'tile' view will be used in 99% of cases to fit only one chart into each tile - therefore having 'tab' per each tile has no much sense, but its empty line wastes much screen space

2. in 3x3 layout on 1920x1080 scrren toolbar is able to fit only 4 buttons and among them only one which is more-or-less frequently used (by me) - 'Set Chart Auto Shift'. All other frequent actions ("Add Drawings" for example) are hidden under "More" button and I have to go through 2 lengthy drop-downs to perform it

3. I see no easy way to replace content of a tile to another instrument including all it's drawing loaded from previously saved template file.

I recommend doing following (see attached mock-up for examples)

1. Merge 'tab header' line with 'toolbar line' (or actually - just remove 'tab' line because 'instrument name' and 'selected period' are already available in toolbar)

2. Replace lengthy 'combo boxes' with 'compact drop-down buttons' (1 hour -> 1H) and re-organize toolbar so that frequently used actions appear first, other actions - hide under 'more' button. It would be nice to have ability somewhere in configuration to re-order toolbar buttons to personal preferences.

3. Upon changing chart instrument, automatically load its last-saved template as described here https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english ... 83&t=55517

4. It would be nice to have background of the focused chart to be of some 'highlighted' color - current highlight only by thin blue border is hardly noticeable.

Attachments:
Optimize-tile-view.png [62.65 KiB]
Downloaded 166 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com