Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Fast switching between favorite timeframes
 Post subject: Fast switching between favorite timeframes Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Fri 24 Mar, 2017, 15:50 

User rating: 1
Most of the traders consistently are switching between couple (mostly 3 to 5) of timeframes, JFX3 has drop down menu to select timeframe, So asumme a trader who want to look to 5 different timeframes while trading, that trader should first click for drop down menu of timeframes then click to to the wishing timeframe, means 2 clicks for each, = 10 clicks back and forth for a qucik review of a pair. if that trader is trading more than 10 pairs, = 100 clicks just for switching timeframes.

Solution: give an opportunity to select couple of timeframe as our favorites to switch between with a single click.
For example : being able to select M5,M15,M30,H1 and the buttons on the top of the chart for fast switching without dealing with drop down menu.
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Fast switching between favorite timeframes Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 Dec, 2017, 18:21 

User rating: 1
Still needy.

Post subject: Re: Fast switching between favorite timeframes Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 17 Jan, 2018, 22:46 

User rating: 0
I've been evaluating the JForex platform for quite some time now and I like the way it is evolving and getting more powerful features, but this feature is something I need as well because having to change periods from a listbox is far too cumbersome for me. My preference is to have hotkeys that can be user-defined, which I find much quicker than having to click on something, because I watch multiple charts over multiple timeframes. I like the 'Group by Period' feature that you have for changing the group member's timeframes simultaneously.

I've noticed that JForex now has hotkeys for various things but these look to be hardcoded. It would be a lot more useful and flexible to make all hotkeys user-defined instead.

A use case:
User assigns hotkeys F1=Daily, F2=4hour, F3=1hour, etc because those keys are easy to use without having to look down at the keyboard.
User opens some charts and groups them by Period, so that changing the timeframe in any group member will update the whole group.
When any of the above charts have the focus, the user just presses F1, F2, F3, etc to change the timeframe.

Thanks!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com