Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

extend console functionality
 Post subject: extend console functionality Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 20 Aug, 2013, 21:02 

User rating: 164
Dear Support,

I would really appreciate the following options for the console:
- new lines added at the bottom, not at the top (just like almost every other console out there...), with the possibility to auto-scroll.
- don't trim leading spaces (if I say console.getOut().println(" Where are my leading spaces?");, I definitely want to see those leading spaces...)

Post subject: Re: extend console functionality Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 20 Aug, 2013, 23:18 

User rating: 94
Hi all:

Well, this the type of things one can agree and other can disagree... For me is ok the way it is.
But it would be nice to have a "sort" functionality on the "Time" column and this way both sides are satisfied :) and is implemented easily.
The leading spaces can be one feature or one defect, that can be easily exceeded with some any char if you want to control the leading spaces...

Trade well

JL

Post subject: Re: extend console functionality Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Aug, 2013, 12:18 

User rating: 164
Hi,
Of course it should be implemented as a selectable option :).

About the leading space:
The workaround that I use currently is to start with "____", but it looks ugly...
I hope no one thinks of it as 'feature' ;)
String.trim() is out there for anyone who want to remove leading (and trailing) spaces. Leave the println()'s parameter unformatted...

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com