Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

How to interact with the strategy message window?
 Post subject: How to interact with the strategy message window? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Jul, 2013, 23:19 

User rating: 164
Dear Support,

In the Live Economic Calender in the Event column if the user double-clicks on some news entry (the ones where the cursor changes to pointing hand), a website will be opened.

Is there a way for a strategy to create something similar to this?
Let's say in my strategy I put some text on the Strategy's message window and if a user (double-)clicks on it, an event (open a website, start a program, etc) will be triggered.

I hope I described it clearly. If not, just let me know and I can present some screenshot of what I mean.

Post subject: Re: How to interact with the strategy message window? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 05 Jul, 2013, 16:58 

User rating:
Strategy message tab is a platform component

Post subject: Re: How to interact with the strategy message window? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 07 Jul, 2013, 22:15 

User rating: 164
I guess this is a no (as I would say I cannot control a platform component from a strategy), but could you ensure, please? ;) Maybe I misunderstood this.

And just out from curiosity, why was this topic moved to the Trading Platforms->Feature Requests? Have you considered my question (as it is currently not possibly) as a new feature of the platform (to be able to control it from a strategy)?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com