Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Pivot point indicator periods
 Post subject: Pivot point indicator periods Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Jul, 2013, 16:11 

User rating: 1
Dear support ,
in the standard pivot point indicator of the jforex platform the Hour periods are 1 and 4 hour period. Can you please add the periods for 2 and 8 Hours?
Other people advised me to this thread.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Pivot point indicator periods Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Jul, 2013, 22:52 

User rating: 1
Sorry for this thread to be posted again but it was moved here from the API Support. As tcsabina advised me ("What you can do is to create a topic under Automated Trading->Knowledgebase") I did that but they returned it here.

Post subject: Re: Pivot point indicator periods Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Jul, 2013, 11:50 

User rating: 164
Well, I also suggested to include in the post what you have tried so far (the change in the source code with the time periods to the one you want to use).
API support (in Automated Trading topic) will help only if you have already tried to code something.
Or just ask (again in Automated Trading), how to implement (with code examples) custom time periods for indicators.

Maybe custom time periods for indicators is a subject where other users of the API has knowledge. Or maybe even Support will consider adding a new wiki chapter with the subject. Who knows?

But the original post ("Please add more periods to an existing indicator") in its current form is really a feature request for the Platform, thus it has to be listed here (Trading platforms->Feature request).

I hope this reply is useful, as that was my intention with this, and with the other reply.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com