Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Reuest for Cumulative MA
 Post subject: Reuest for Cumulative MA Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 24 May, 2013, 05:59 

User rating: 0
Hi,

I'd like to request an indicator based on a moving average. Type and method of calculating the MA should be configurable. ie . SMA or EMA and close, or HL/2 etc.

Basically I'd like to be able to select a start date and time, and with each bar that follows the MA should add 1 to the period. So on bar 1 the MA would be a 1 period MA. Bar 2 should be a 2 period MA, bar 3 a 3 period MA and so on....bar 50 should be a 50 period MA.

Also would like to be able to do the same with the included Linear Regression Indicator.

Thanks,
fifty_fifty

Post subject: Re: Reuest for Cumulative MA Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 24 May, 2013, 18:23 

User rating: 98
I think you'd do much better using an IStrategy to do this, and putting selected marks on the chart.

So the MA would be FAST early in the scenario, and then over time, become SLOW, since it includes more periods ?? Then, at some point you might RESET it to start over again, etc. ?

I'm a big believer in innovative analytic methods, but what would be the purpose of such an indicator anyway? How would you interpret it or use it?

Hmmmm

HyperScalper

P.S. The ONLY Good Indicators are the ones which will predict price, and Make You Money :)

Post subject: Re: Reuest for Cumulative MA Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 31 May, 2013, 04:43 

User rating: 0
Thanks for your response hyperscalper.

hyperscalper wrote:
I think you'd do much better using an IStrategy to do this, and putting selected marks on the chart.

I requested the indicator as I don't know how to code, suggesting I use IStrategy is not much use to me.

hyperscalper wrote:
So the MA would be FAST early in the scenario, and then over time, become SLOW, since it includes more periods ?? Then, at some point you might RESET it to start over again, etc. ?

Exactly.

hyperscalper wrote:
I'm a big believer in innovative analytic methods, but what would be the purpose of such an indicator anyway? How would you interpret it or use it?

As with all indicators, they are open to the users perception. I have a few ideas here, but often I don't completely figure out how I'll use an indicator until it is on the chart in front of me.

hyperscalper wrote:
P.S. The ONLY Good Indicators are the ones which will predict price, and Make You Money

Totally Disagree. Indicators are called that for a reason. They indicate... to me the possibility of something potentially happening.
I don't believe they predict anything.

Thanks again,
fifty_fifty

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com