Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Multi-timeFrame MACD indicator on Range Bars
 Post subject: Multi-timeFrame MACD indicator on Range Bars Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Apr, 2013, 18:07 

User rating: 0
Dear Support Team,
I'm looking for a Multi-timeFrame MACD indicator that can run on Range Bars but can't find one.

So instead, I am trying to modify a Multi-timeframe Moving Average indicator (download/file.php?id=1880) so that it works on range bars instead of minute bars.

I have tried many things to try and change the input indicator from IBar to RangeBars but failed. Seems it is not possible. Is this so?

Any help is much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Multi-timeFrame MACD indicator on Range Bars Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 10 Apr, 2013, 13:52 

Further to my previous message, attached is the code I'm trying to modify.
Specifically, lines 31, 33 & 35.
I have tried: setPriceRange(PriceRange.valueOf(priceRange));
but it won't compile.

Attachments:
MultiplePeriodsIndicator.java [4.91 KiB]
Downloaded 391 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Multi-timeFrame MACD indicator on Range Bars Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 11 Apr, 2013, 18:12 

Hi Support,
Any possibility of a reply?
Regards, Mark

Post subject: Re: Multi-timeFrame MACD indicator on Range Bars Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Apr, 2013, 10:32 

Hi Support,
I guess you don't want to answer.
Should I take this issue up with my account manager (Frederic Charles) ?

Post subject: Re: Multi-timeFrame MACD indicator on Range Bars Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Apr, 2013, 11:58 

User rating: 164
From experience:
1) platform support`s response time is around a week (which is quite long and annoying compared to automated trading`s support, which is mostly 24 hours). maybe it is time to hire ;)
2) account managers didn`t/don`t/won`t care about technical issues, but you can give it a try.

You can also give it a try to drop an email to support. the webpage says [email protected] is the address where you should write. although [email protected] is also exists, it is told (also on the webpage) that this address only for live account issues. I did it in the past, but didn`t get a single reply :D. But you can always try.
On the other hand, I got a reply in the forum, which solved my issue, so at the end (after a loooong week of waiting,) all came out good.

Also, if you tell us the error, we might help with the compilation.

Post subject: Re: Multi-timeFrame MACD indicator on Range Bars Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Apr, 2013, 13:43 

Hi tcsabina,
Thanks for your very useful comments.

The error message I get is: PriceRange cannot be resolved

Attached is the code.

Attachments:
MultiplePeriodsIndicator.java [5.04 KiB]
Downloaded 407 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Multi-timeFrame MACD indicator on Range Bars Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 26 Apr, 2013, 14:51 

Hi Support,
I guess you don't want to answer.
Should I take this issue up with my account manager (Frederic Charles) ?

Post subject: Re: Multi-timeFrame MACD indicator on Range Bars Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 01 May, 2013, 08:14 

Hi Support,
Any chance of a reply?

Post subject: Re: Multi-timeFrame MACD indicator on Range Bars Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 May, 2013, 17:58 

Hi Support,
Any chance of a reply?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com