Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

dear dukas, your charting software is appalling
 Post subject: dear dukas, your charting software is appalling Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 04 Jan, 2013, 04:53 

User rating: 0
Your charting package is beyond dreadful. It is in fact in a category all of it's own.

Firstly, you are happy to show my open positions, the pips lost or won, and my base currency. Just like any other charting package. From there it's downhill all the way.

For reasons best know to yourselves you are unable to show my closed positions in a separate tab. EXCEPT with an enormous effort on my part wading thru report after html report trying to discover it. The closest i can get to what-the-hell- happened is an almost useless summary of my closed positions expressed as wins or losses in let's say Turkish Lira or Japanese yen. Not a mention of my base currency (AUD).

You most conveniently show my 'equity' on the charts but avoid mentioning my balance. I could, in fact be $36,000 in equity but the actual money I have, is really only $10k and heading for a wipeout. You avoid me noticing it. (yes, i know, look at my margins, well why should i have to? )

As for the charts themselves, please, consider hiring some 1st year uni graduates who have been brought up on gui interfaces since 1990. If your one, overworked, java programmer is saying java can't provide that functionality you dont need brains to know what the problem is.

Here's an astonishing idea for you. Try allowing us to drag the stop-loss / take profit lines by mouse. The current left panel editing, which ultimately shows NO pip position, just a 'price', is beyond a joke. And while we're on that subject WHY is my chart full of PREVIOUS stop loss positions, not just the one i've manually moved to?

as for the chart indicators themselves, i can, with a microscope see my entry positions, sometimes even my close. How difficult is it to show the pip value of the close? Even BAD charting software has that.

at time of writing this (Jan 3) i invested $10k into here and am so far in 'equity' at around $25k. Each day i check this awfulness i have no idea WHY let alone WHEN a position got closed. All I get is a noisy, pointless 'message' tab indicating JPY was sold at 'X'. not close at X not entered at X, no contextual relevance at all. Some considerable effort on my part, after an hour of hunting your dreadful 'reports', indicates i *probably* closed with a win.

Lift your game dukas, you are not taking average investors seriously, so I won't either.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com