Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Request for simple additional features to better manage trade positions/orders
 Post subject: Request for simple additional features to better manage trade positions/orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 29 Mar, 2017, 05:12 

User rating: 0
Request for an additional features that would enhance traders’ ability to manage better traded positions.

In summary, in an open position or a pending order, a trader should be permitted to conduct a more enhanced and intuitive control and management over the course of a single specified trade. These features are detailed further below, and are already available in other brokers such as DeltaStock through what they refer to as logical orders. These features would permit many traders who are restricted by their personal lifestyles/schedules/obligations to be able to participate in the markets to a greater extent than ever before by offering a minimum screen time monitoring (watching-managing trades once executed).

The following describes the enhanced features:

The current features allow a trader to enter a Limit Order, Stop Loss Order, and Trail by a number of pips Order for each trade. The current features are not only very limiting to swing, medium and long term traders, but also limit daily traders too.

The following added features would rectify this issue if added to live trades management and pending orders management, in addition to current features:

1) Ability to enter a price level at which the Stop Loss is moved to Break Even point or other point which affords minimum profit;

2) Ability to enter price levels at which a trader would like to scale out of the position up to 5 stages/price levels or more and ability to dictate how much of the total position at each stage/price level is closed; and

3) Ability to enter a price level at which point a trader would like a trail to commence and by how many intervals.

These enhanced features in position management would significantly enhance trader’s time management and capabilities in managing trades and trading systems/strategies. Quite frankly, I believe that many traders who would like to participate more in the markets but can’t whether because of their full-time jobs or who may live in different time zones, etc., are forced to stay out due to limiting trade management features when they wished they could participate.

These features would be a ground-breaking opportunity that would reinvigorate many current and prospective traders to be more involved in the markets.

Implementing these features in the next platform update can produce an immeasurable benefit to Dukascopy. The invested time and resources to program and implement this feature would be minimal in comparison to the amount and range of type of traders that would be attracted to conduct their trades through this platform and thus Dukascopy, not to mention the potential for an increase in trading activity from the current traders/clients pool.

I have personally been trading live with Dukascopy for over two years (been trading markets for much longer), and during my time with this broker, I have been trading on and off, and overall, I haven’t placed that many trades as I would like to. My scattered and minimum trading pattern with Dukascopy has been a result of my daily life routine/obligations. I know that I’m not the only one in this predicament where there are thousands of others who are hindered by this reality. I know that we can trade on daily charts and check once or twice a day etc., however, realistically the current trade management options in JForex (3) are too limited to risk money and become frustrated from missed opportunities or worse lost capital.

I hope this recommendation is taken into consideration as it would offer significant benefit to all current and prospective traders with Dukascopy and in turn to the broker profit margin from increased trading activity!

I have attached a couple of screenshots of the platform with remarks to illustrate and better explain the proposed features. (The forum wont allow me to attach the three pics I have created to illustrate what I'm proposing. I'm receiving message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." - hopefully I can attach them at later date)

Looking forward to hearing back from the Dukascopy team and I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is something you guys can undertake and make it a reality,

Regards,

Kris

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com