Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Rectangle tool improvement suggestions
 Post subject: Rectangle tool improvement suggestions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 22 Jan, 2016, 17:27 

User rating: 1
Hello JForex developers!

I have to say, I like a JForex. But, what I really hate is work with rectangle tool. I'm not able to adjust rectangle according to my requirements. The main problem is that the rectangle tool is missing two points for adjusting. I'm adding a picture where you can see better the whole issue.

Without this two points for editing of size of rectangle I can't to draw my supply and demand zones properly. I'm really struggling with this tool, because it is an essential of my trading method. I believe I'm not alone.

Please, improve this tool according to the picture. This is exactly how it works in other platforms like MT4, NinjaTrader, Tradestation.... Nothing special, but much needed!

I would also appreciated if I could disable the size label in default settings. It is annoying to disable this staff every time I draw a rectangle. Thank you!

Regards

Daniel

Attachments:
Rectangle problem.jpg [175.53 KiB]
Downloaded 601 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Rectangle tool improvement suggestions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Feb, 2016, 10:21 

It would be also great to add two another points for extending of rectangle.

THANK YOU!

Attachments:
Rectangle_2.jpg [283.43 KiB]
Downloaded 614 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Rectangle tool improvement suggestions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 22 Feb, 2016, 11:28 

Guys,

I really don't know if someone from support read this section of forum. I didn't received any feedback to any of my suggestions (not only in this thread). I would like to help to improve JF. I'm sure that many of us can help. But It requires a cooperation.

Anyway, as I already said, I'm Supply/Demand trader. So, my priority drawing instrument is a rectangle tool. Unfortunately, I'm not able to work effectively with it in this form.

Here are two further improvements that I suggest to implement:

1. I'm unable to extend my rectangle to the future (more to the right). Yes, I can do it manually, but it is not comfortable. I'd rather to use the option "Edit coordinates" and extend rectangle by choosing some future date. This is not possible currently.

2. It would be great to have an automatic extension of the rectangle tool with every new candle/bar. It's really tedious to do constantly manually. Please add the option "Extend rectangle with every new candle" .

Thank you

Attachments:
2016-02-22_9-32-40.jpg [355.88 KiB]
Downloaded 610 times

Post subject: Re: Rectangle tool improvement suggestions Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Fri 08 Apr, 2016, 11:09 

I absolutely agree with everything written above.
These improvements proposed by
Quote:
deenius
are very needed and
applying them would significantly enhance JForex functionality.

Post subject: Re: Rectangle tool improvement suggestions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 06 Jun, 2016, 09:07 

Dear developers

Have you read my suggestions already??? It's been several months. Why nobody from support haven't answered?

Post subject: Re: Rectangle tool improvement suggestions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 17 Jun, 2016, 15:10 
JForex Master

User rating:
Adding the points is simple. We will do it.

Regarding the extending, it is not so simple, as there are price based chart periods (renko, range bars, P&F, line breaks), the coordinates of which we cannot predict in the future. However, we will consider this improvement.

Post subject: Re: Rectangle tool improvement suggestions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 20 Jun, 2016, 08:50 

Thank you very much :!: :!: :!:

Post subject: Re: Rectangle tool improvement suggestions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 22 Jun, 2016, 07:17 

It would be also nice to disable size label from default settings.

Every time I draw a rectangle I have to manually disable this function. It's really annoying when you draw many rectangles.

Please, remove it. It is not necessary for work with rectangles.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your work ;)

Attachments:
Label.png [53.75 KiB]
Downloaded 529 times

Post subject: Re: Rectangle tool improvement suggestions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 28 Jun, 2016, 12:46 
JForex Master

User rating:
This has been already implemented in the major JForex update version, which has not been released yet. The settings previously used will be remembered for every chart object. Next time user draws the same object, the settings get applied.

Post subject: Re: Rectangle tool improvement suggestions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 29 Jun, 2016, 07:21 

That's great news! :)

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Rectangle tool improvement suggestions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 16 Feb, 2017, 08:28 
JForex Master

User rating:
New points of rectangle will be available in JForex 3 version 3.1.3. "Extend on every new candle" is a very specific request, so we prefer not to add it to the GUI. Doing this with the plugin sounds a lot better to me.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com