Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

RENKO Strategy posted in the wrong section
 Post subject: RENKO Strategy posted in the wrong section Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 31 Mar, 2013, 04:45 

User rating: 1
Sorry, but I am familiar with all the sections in this forum, the following strategy request was posted in the Community Board. :oops:

-----------------------------

Hello Support,

I would like to ask your assistance in writing the java code for a trading strategy based on Renko, MACD and ADX. The trading strategy must have the following options.

- Renko bricks changeable from 2 to 10 pips.
- MACD able to modify the two Mov Avg and the signal line periods, let say from 1,3,1 to 12,26,9
- ADX adjustable periods from 3 to 20

This trading strategy must have as option to select the currency pair for testing. The testing will be in my HD with data downloaded from Dukascopy. Any advice about the trading periods of the download pairs data based on the above renko pips range.

These are the following entry and exit conditions:

Long Trade
Entry:
- Renko Green Brick,
- MACD above zero at the selected period and
- ADX over a specified minimum value at the testing selected period, ADX value must be bigger than 2, or 3, or 4 periods before; i.e., this lookback period will come up from the testing. This condition must be an option.

Exit:
- at the open of the second red brick, when the markets changes direction, the first red brick shows the change and the open of the second brick is the exit signal.

Short Trade:
Entry:
- Renko Red Brick,
- MACD below zero at the specified periods and
- ADX over a specified value at the selected tested period. ADX value must be bigger than 2, or 3, or 4 periods before; i.e., this lookback period will come up from the testing. This condition must be an option.

Exit:
- at the open of the second green brick, when the markets changes direction, the first green brick indicates change in market condition and the open of the second brick is the exit signal.

At this stage, there is no need to have a SL or TP options included.
The strategy should have an option to select the testing period (dates from to).

The MACD and ADX are indicators compiled by JForex and are located in in my HD, therefore the code must have a couple of lines calling at these indicators. The periods selection should be conducted in the indicators, the strategy code only need to call at the indicators values from an open Renko chart.

I also would like to know the codes lines where periods and values range are specified, as well as the two lines calling the indicators in my HD.

Is it possible to write the java code for this strategy conditions?? I do know nothing about java language.

I really thank you in advance for your assistance with this.

Kind Regards,

CAD

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com