As most seasoned forex traders know, the currency market usually enters into a lull during the summer. This period is also called the summer dull-drums.
All 3 of these systems performed great in the EUR/USD this summer. In this article I will provide an update. Let's see how the 3 systems performed from July 1st to August 20th.
Three Wins for the Bollinger Bands System
The Bollinger Bands system already scored three sizeable wins! Here are the ground rules for the system:
1. We go long when prices hit the lower Bollinger Band
2. We exit when the price touches the middle between the BBands, the 20 SMA
3. Alternatively, we place our stoploss below the most recent swing low
1. We go short when the price hits the upper Bollinger Band
2. We exit at a touch of the 20 simple moving average in the middle
3. Alternatively, we define our risk by pl…