Like a flying phantom of the Twilight Zone, a chartered DC-4 aircraft with 57 passengers on board landed in Caracas, Venezuela, in 1992 ... 37 years after his disappearance in 1955 during a flight from New York to Miami! But in less than a few minutes, the plane took off again a ghost, and disappeared into the clouds! Testimonies and taped radio communication between the pilot and control tower are irrefutable proof that this nightmarish landing still was in reality.
- Indications of workers control service of the airport, who saw the incident, the same in essence, - said Deputy Minister of Civil Aviation Ramon Estovar. But the clincher, according Estovara is a small calendar 1955, which gave the pilot the runway a few seconds before take-off and the disappearance of DC-4.
- I saw the plane ... I heard the voice of the pilot. I even carried a calendar, but still can not believe it, - said Juan de la Corte, who clearly saw everything that happened from his post on the tower control flight. - These people aboard still think that now in 1955 and that they had landed in Florida. But it is not. God knows where they have been all these years.
According to de la Corte and other managers, they realized that there is something supernatural, when the airport was suddenly approached propeller plane that has not appeared on the radar screens.
- We saw the plane with his own eyes, but on the radar were no signs of it, - said de la Corte. - We have asked the pilot to call himself, and he radioed us, "Where are we?" His voice was frightened and confused, but finally he said that charter flight 914 from New York to Miami, with a crew of 4 people and 57 passengers. Manager said that after these words of the pilot in the control room was quiet. Everyone was stunned. Destination Flight 914 ... Miami ... 1800 km from Caracas ...
- I told the pilot: "It Caracas, Venezuela, South America ...". Then I asked, "Are you suffering a disaster?" There was no answer, and I cleared the corridor for landing. Planting was excellent. Just when I started to think that everything went well, I heard the pilot told his copilot: "Jesus Christ, Jimmy! What the hell are you? "They looked at the jet and behaved as if it was a spaceship.
According to de la Corte, the pilot stated that he was scheduled to sit at Miami International Airport at 9.55 am July 2, 1955.
- Then I heard him say, "Something is wrong here." I radioed the plane: "Captain, this is an international airport in Caracas. Today, May 21, 1992. "He just said," Oh, my God! "I could hear him breathing heavily. I tried to calm him down, saying that it had sent to the ground crew.
According to de la Corte, when the ground crew and approached the tanker aircraft, the pilot shouted over the radio: "No! Do not go near! We're leaving here! "Later, ground service workers reported seeing passengers face pressed against the window. A pilot opened the window of his cab and waved them to leave.
- He waved to some folder - said de la Corte. - Probably, because of it and fell calendars, which we later found out. The pilot started the engines, and the plane took off. Leaders of civil aviation detained all records of negotiations with the board, and also found a calendar and continue to investigate the incident.