As forex traders, we are confronted with our emotions every day. We already know that the main emotions of day trading are fear and greed. If you want to succeed with forex trading, then you must learn how to conquer them both.
Here's what I will cover:
- The importance of emotional state for trading decisions
- The impact of fear and greed on trading
- The risk taking experiment (asking everyone to answer themselves to a risk taking question)
- Common psychological traps for traders
- Avoiding making irresponsible decisions based on fear and greed
- Managing fear and greed makes the difference between success and failure
- Discussing fear and greed for the EURUSD chart from July 2012 and my own trades from the Dukascopy Trader's Contest.
- The psychology of a winning trader
Warning: Any Invitee, Participant or Attendee to events/shows/interviews organized by DUKASCOPY Group accept that he/she may be interviewed (even by phone), filmed or shooted during such event by the organisation or anyone authorized by it in/outside its studios.
Invitees, Participants or Attendees agree with the use/duplication/transmission/diffusion/display/posting or other public use of images, photographs, audio files, videos, films, voice records, pictures to the widest extent and through existing channels of communication (TV, Internet, ...) by DUKASCOPY Group without any remuneration whatsoever.
Invitees, Participants or Attendees acknowledge and agree that DUKASCOPY Group shall be neither responsible nor liable when such use/duplication/transmission/diffusion/display/posting or other public use of images, photographs, audio files, videos, films, voice records, pictures is duplicated/modified by third parties in particular on internet.