Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Still seeing problems with Renko charting
 Post subject: Still seeing problems with Renko charting Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 29 Oct, 2015, 16:36 

User rating: 2
Hi

Stability of the Renko charts has improved a bit recently so thanks for that - presumably you've been tidying up the rendering code.

But we're still seeing rather serious issues. For example I've just encountered the bug below, on a newly launched client.

Clearly, you should never have Renko bars parallel to each other as we see here, as by definition the price has to move to a new range to create the new bar. We only see this at certain resolutions. Try setting a 12 pip bar and scrolling back on the chart - you'll see it quite often. This is on a demo account.

Attachments:
Bad Renko Chart.png [11.41 KiB]
Downloaded 378 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Still seeing problems with Renko charting Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Nov, 2015, 17:56 
JForex Master

User rating:
scotpip, I thought you know how our Renko charts work better than me ;)

The answer for this problem is simple: base period setting. I bet you have it set to 1 week. You can see where the 1 week base periods switch easily if you enable "Show period separators" under Charts section in Preferences.

Post subject: Re: Still seeing problems with Renko charting Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 11 Dec, 2015, 18:29 

User rating: 2
Yes - my bad - I realised soon afterwards but forgot to take the post down.

Actually it's not only the base period - it seems to happen around rollover too.

So I'm assuming you must shut down for a short period overnight, and that sometimes the price has moved when you start up again?

I can't find any documentation on how your trading system behaves during rollover - it would be helpful if you could post a link, please.

Overall we're finding that Renko is usable now. It sometimes gets confused at the right hand end of the chart, but a clone or refresh usually fixes things. So far things have been going OK in the API too. So thanks for getting it all fixed.

Thanks

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com