Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

EMA 14 - 65 strategy for eur usd 15minutes
 Post subject: EMA 14 - 65 strategy for eur usd 15minutes Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 18 Apr, 2013, 14:51 

User rating: 2
Hi everyone,
I considered to import here the main .java file about the strategy exposed in my article "Automating a strategy" pt.1-2-3
In the articles you will find all my (main) test-results and all my considerations about improving this strategy.
Basically any ema-based strategy will require different stabilizations, depending on the timeframe and the instrument.

Here the link to the 1st part:
https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/fx-arti ... ad&id=1306

Here the link to the 2nd part with some back-text and considerations
https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/fx-arti ... ad&id=1316

Here the link to the 3rd part with more back-test and improvements
https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/fx-arti ... ad&id=1328

This strategy is good for both manual and automated trading, I did not invented anything, is just one of the almost-unlimited combinations possible to trade off a MA.

Feel free to comment. I would really appreciate to know if someone already used this combination ema14-65 and results obtained.
Also would be much appreciated to know if you find it interesting, or not :) or what kind of issues it gives in your tests. I'm working to develop a short term strategy to let it run in a real account and focus my energies on med/long term trades, so the more info we collect, the better!

As mentioned in the article, the strategy works on all EMAperiods, just need to setup them before strategy runs. Depending on timeframe and periods-lookback, also stop loss and take profits orders should be modified.

Thank you,
Luca

Post subject: Re: EMA 14 - 65 strategy for eur usd 15minutes Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 26 Apr, 2013, 19:38 

I removed the 7 months back test results because actually the strategy has be implemented and modified.
If some one wants the jpg file showing results, instead of launching a boring back test, justlet me know, I will re-upload it.

Post subject: Re: EMA 14 - 65 strategy for eur usd 15minutes Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 04 May, 2013, 11:19 

User rating: 9
scramble wrote:
I removed the 7 months back test results because actually the strategy has be implemented and modified.
If some one wants the jpg file showing results, instead of launching a boring back test, justlet me know, I will re-upload it.

please re-upload it

Post subject: Re: EMA 14 - 65 strategy for eur usd 15minutes Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 05 May, 2013, 07:57 

forexegyptian wrote:
scramble wrote:

please re-upload it

Hi,
unfourtanately I deleted it by mistake :oops: ! I was sure I had a copy in backup files together with article images and stuff, while it is not!
I'm very sorry! :(
Anyway if I'm not wrong in a 7 month result with the setup posted here [sl 18 - tp 45] returned more than 200 (maybe almost 300) trades executed, and ending account profit about 20%. Basically, the confirmation that even in a quite long term of test, and a raw setup (no trade filtering, no money management, no nothing), the strategy did not blow the account and shown stable behaviour which IMO, is always a good start when considering to build a strategy!

Post subject: Re: EMA 14 - 65 strategy for eur usd 15minutes Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Thu 09 May, 2013, 14:00 

Hi everyone.
Files have been removed.

Before any question, the reason is simple:
a total of about 40 downloads and not even 1 single "Thank you"
or even 1 single comment or attempt to improve this strategy.

So thank you, and bye :)

Post subject: Re: EMA 14 - 65 strategy for eur usd 15minutes Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 17 May, 2013, 15:26 

User rating: 94
Hi Scramble:

Don't despair... and don't give up... It's the usual thing here... I get used to it :)

Continue the good work.

Trade well

JL

Post subject: Re: EMA 14 - 65 strategy for eur usd 15minutes Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 25 May, 2013, 15:22 

User rating: 0
Hi scramble,
in your article you mentioned that the strategy can be downloaded here... I am not able to discover anything. Is your strategy available here or is it anyway the same you are forward testing in the strategy contest (MayJune2)?

thanks for the good work

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com