Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Add strategy
 Post subject: Add strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 28 Jan, 2015, 18:09 

User rating: 0
Hello !

I cannot find out how to add the same strategy to a different pair chart .I can only for 1 pair.?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Add strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 02 Feb, 2015, 12:51 

User rating: 164
Hi,

A strategy is 'listening' to events from every instrument, not only those that have an opened chart.
For example onTick(), onBar() has an instrument parameter that is telling you which instrument received a new tick, bar.

But if don't explicitly exclude to not to listen to a specific instrument (by creating an check in the code), the strategy will catch every price movement for every instrument, by default.

If I am not mistaken, there is a slight difference in this concept when a strategy is running in the Remote environment, because there you have to explicitly subscribe to instruments which you want to listen to, but let's not get too far yet.

So, you don't 'add' a strategy to a 'pair', like you do it in MetaTrader. You just start the strategy and it will listen to every instrument.

Hope this helps.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com