Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Historical Data changed?
 Post subject: Historical Data changed? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 14 Dec, 2013, 11:50 

User rating: 0
Hello Support,

I'm working with your historical tester (EUR/USD - 1 minute) and it seems that historical data was changed recently. I'm using a period of time from 2006 to 2013. It is possible that the historical data, which your historical tester use, has changed in the last time? If it does, which is better, the old one or the newest? Also, I've noticed big gaps between consecutive bars on 1min / 5 mins periods in old data (e.g. 2008)...

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Historical Data changed? Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Mon 16 Dec, 2013, 12:47 

User rating: 164
Yes, it is happening. It is wise to clean the platform cache, so the stored historical data is wiped and cleaned.

I don't know why is it changing from time to time, though...

Post subject: Re: Historical Data changed? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 23 Dec, 2013, 16:24 

Hello tcsabina,

First of all thank you for your answer and second sorry for my delay. I have cleared the cache and unfortunately the results are identical.
I have results from some statistics I've made a couple of months ago and the same statistics using current data. The results are different and the statistics used are not changed. The problem is that I don't know which one to use :(

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Historical Data changed? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 25 Mar, 2014, 16:14 

Hello
  I also have various data on EURUSD
When you look at the data running on the platform windovs I have other data than when at the same time runs on Linux Platform

so the client with windovs sett about different prices as a client with Linux, it's crazy

Post subject: Re: Historical Data changed? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 25 Mar, 2014, 16:45 

Attachments:
Chart_EUR_USD_1 Min_snapshot.png [14.99 KiB]
Downloaded 669 times
Chart_EUR_USD_1 Min_snapshot_Linux.png [28.71 KiB]
Downloaded 639 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Historical Data changed? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 25 Mar, 2014, 21:48 

User rating: 96
atre7 wrote:
Hello
  I also have various data on EURUSD
When you look at the data running on the platform windovs I have other data than when at the same time runs on Linux Platform

so the client with windovs sett about different prices as a client with Linux, it's crazy
For platform on Linux: Menu -> Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Delete saved cache files.

Post subject: Re: Historical Data changed? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 26 Mar, 2014, 10:12 

I've tried it already and I have the same data
thanks

Post subject: Re: Historical Data changed? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 26 Mar, 2014, 17:39 
JForex Master

User rating:
Those charts looks so different that it is actually hard to find any similarities.
I can confirm there are no difference between the historical or current price data given to JForex running on any Operating system.

Most probably the charts look the same when you delete the cached files and open chart, but then there are so many ticks skipped in Linux, that charts are filled with incomplete data.

Try to delete JAVA cache as well. /home/user/.java/deployment/cache
Write to our [email protected] with your Login name and time of connection. We will have a look what API are you connection to usually.
What is the JAVA console saying?

Post subject: Re: Historical Data changed? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 05 Apr, 2014, 11:23 

Quote:
but then there are so many ticks skipped in Linux

Hello support,

Could you elaborate a bit on that comment? What is the difference between windows and linux regarding this issue?

Best regards

Post subject: Re: Historical Data changed? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 05 Apr, 2014, 23:36 

User rating: 96
syranidis wrote:
What is the difference between windows and linux regarding this issue?
Dukascopy states that the main feature of the JForex platform compared to others solutions (such as Meta Trader, Trade Station, etc.) is different operation systems support. But in reality they do not regard Linux at all:
JForex4 on Linux
Regular discrimination of the Linux users

Post subject: Re: Historical Data changed? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 12 Apr, 2014, 13:37 

Hello again,

Thanks for the posts hebasto. It's one thing to prioritize the bug fixes according to your user base most popular OS and another to admit missing ticks on the linux platform.

Dukascopy support, could you comment on that?

Best regards
Ioannis

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com